Sunday Selections # 812

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


passing a stand of geraniums a few months ago I noticed several leaves were tinged red and pink


this one shows the green veins through the pink


as does the next bush along, the one in the lower right corner is almost the smoky rose of Charlotte's colour of the month.


closer to home this shiny leaved bush is growing through a fence, my phone app tells me it is dogwood and I shamelessly picked a sprig which now lives in a jar of water in my kitchen, though several leaves have dried and fallen off. Some of the leaves also echo Charlotte's Smoky Rose colour.


in that same yard is this beautifully coppiced fig tree, I love those twisty branches. By now it will be fully leafed out, but I can't go and check because there is a lot of jasmine up that way.


Waiting at the bus stop more recently I was able to capture the sun through the Jacaranda tree.

Let's activate the time machine now and take a trip back to about 2012 or maybe 2011 and see a few photos:


of the 33rd annual "Toy Run" where every year groups of Bikers collect toys and decorate their bikes and set off from a point in the city (this one began at Glenelg) and ride along Glen Osmond Road up into a designated hills area, where the toys are delivered, sorted and eventually are given to children who otherwise wouldn't have Christmas gifts.


Of course Santa makes the trip too, who else is going to hand out the goodies? I believe there is a big picnic barbecue that happens there too. 


One of the bikes taking a break.

Ready to come back to the future?


Ooops, there's a glitch and we are stuck in the past. 

This is the bridge over the Port River, (at Port Adelaide) I had a photo of it opening to allow a tall masted yacht through, but can't seem to find it.


here is a closer shot of the signal box


and under the bridge the original wooden pilings that once supported a smaller bridge


This is the Australian Maritime Flag, I only know this because about a month ago I was in a car that drove by a large building with two massive versions of it hanging either side of the front entrance, so when I got home I googled those colours and learned something new. 


These seagulls were bunched around several picnic tables at the Fisherman's Wharf where the Fisherman's Market used to be ( we're still stuck in the past here) eagerly snapping up every single crumb dropped accidentally or purposely by those eating lunch.


more seagulls on the canvas deck cover of one of the small boats.


halfway across the bridge, looking into green water, this transparent blobby things are jelly fish. There were dozens of them. 


Comments

  1. I love Santa in the sidecar! Bikers here in Canada do those Toy Runs in Autumn too -- it's usually their last big "group event" before having to put their motorcycles away for the winter season. And wow, you got some nice shots of the geraniums' foliage too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Selections # 790

Sunday Selections #791

Welcome to 2026