Sunday Selections # 47

Welcome to Sunday Selections # 49.

It's time once again to post some of those old (or not so old) photos that have been languishing in your files, just waiting for their turn in the spotlight.

There aren't many rules, just post under the Sunday Selections title, link back to Kim at Frog Ponds Rock, because this wonderful idea is hers, then go to Kim's site, add your name to her linky list and leave her a comment.

I often choose a theme for my Sunday Selections, but you don't have to. 
Of course you can if you want to....

This week I've chosen a selection of photos that I took while walking along the bike path that parallels our River Torrens.

Come now and take this walk with me.......

This section of the bike path holds my two favourite trees, big gnarly old peppercorns.
I've loved peppercorns as long as I can remember. They're so perfect for climbing in.


the Morphett Bridge across the river is closed off at both ends because the structure is unstable. I hope it gets repaired and opened; I remember walking across, hand in hand with someone special, a long time ago.


Look at this fabulous tree trunk!


This little fence edges the not-quite-steep-but-be-careful path down to the river, where it meets up with....


....these rocks.
These very large rocks, which you can use to cross the river if you are able to leap across the gaps without slipping in.


I love this image of sunlight on the water. (more rocks, further down. I sat on one of these once, eating lunch with my bare feet in the water).


This is the walking path on the other side of the river.
I spent quite a lot of time here, back in 2001.
I was part of a team called the Green Reserve.
Remind me to tell you about it one day......

Comments

  1. What a WONDERFUL walk you took us on. I loved it and yearned to sit on those rocks with my feet in the water too. And I really liked the gnarly tree trunk. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely walk, thank you. And oh how I wish we had that weather with the green grass and the leaves on the trees right this very minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely spot to go and spend some time at, and i can imagine walking across the bridge with someone special too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most Bonza walk along side the river at least you picked a fine day for it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. EC; you're very welcome. It was a very hot day when I sat with my feet in the cooling water.

    Delores; you'll have your sunshine and green trees again.

    permanently amanda; it's very peaceful down by the water, almost no traffic noises.

    Windsmoke; it's a great place for wandering while your mind sorts out stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live north of you in the Iron Triangle so I dont get to town much, When I do we never seem to have the time to see little backwaters like these great shots. There are lovely spots like this all over the place but unless youre a local you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempo; I'm glad you enjoyed walking along this little spot with me. Which part of the Iron Triangle? I grew up in Port Pirie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that walk river. I enjoyed daydreaming as I walked along with you. also i keep on forgetting to tell you I am coming to Adelaide for the ceramics triennale in sept/oct next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that walk along the river. Very nice and relaxing. Thanks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots, River (oooh, 'River', how appropriate!). We spent a fair bit of time at the St Peters playground, home of the ginormous slippery dip that I was always surprised was still allowed to exist in our world of overly-safe playgrounds...... Every now and then a wet labrador would emerge from the river, run havoc around the toddlers and shake itself dry, splattering the pasties and custard tarts we'd bought to eat from the St Peters' bakery. Ah, the memories...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Straight across the water from Pirie in Whyalla. Most nights we car see the lights over there River

    ReplyDelete
  12. frogpondsrock; you're coming to Adelaide?
    YOU'RE COMING TO ADELAIDE??
    For how long? Will we have time to meet up? I'll take time off work!!

    Carolina; it's a lovely spot.

    Kath Lockett; I never made it to the St Peter's playground, didn't even know there is one. I like the mental image of a labrador shaking water all over you and your lunch.

    Tempo; I haven't been to Whyalla, never getting higher than Pt Augusta. We'd visit the beach there sometimes as kids. Dad would drop us off and pick us up at sundown. I've never wondered what he did in the hours between, probably went to the nearest racetrack or betting shop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs