Sunday Selections # 48

Welcome to Sunday Selections #50

Sunday Selections is the brainchild of Kim, over at Frog Ponds Rock.
The idea is to post photos that have been languishing in your forgotten files.
Anyone at all can join in, just post under the Sunday Selections title, link back to Kim, then go to her site and add your name to her linky list.
Kim would love it if you left her a comment too.

I often choose a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week my theme is......

CHRISTMAS TREES 

I've found a couple of photos of trees from the past, when I had room for a bigger tree, so naturally had a bigger tree.

1985 and a sleepy-eyed J wanting to stay up and wait for Santa.

I asked J's permission to use a photo with him in it, but the one I wanted to use had someone else in it as well and I couldn't contact her to ask permission, so this is the one you see. This tree is a similar size to the one I now have.


1991....enough gifts to sink a battleship.
The family was quite large by then, with kids, boyfriends and girlfriends, extended family members.

1998...two grandchildren in the family by now.

2004  This was the last year I used the big tree.


2008 This is the small tree that I now have. When covered with enough baubles and tinsel it looks quite substantial. It looks tall because it's standing on the coffee table.

2010 where the monkeys got in on the act.
(last year's post "Monkey Mayhem")


2011 and of course, this year's tree, which most of you have already seen.


Don't forget, anyone at all can join in with Sunday Selections, just follow the instructions above the pictures and have fun!

Comments

  1. The two grandchildren tree was a stunner but I think this years tree has them all beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this trip down your Christmas trees past :) I love to see how things have changed over time with how we do things.

    Have to say, I recognise that lounge suite from somewhere too, the covering is so familiar but I just can't place where I know it from .. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your star, and I love the way it is on all the trees. A heritage star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delores; I love all of them, each has its own memories.

    permanentlyamanda; I bought that longe suite when we moved into Holsworthy Army Base early in 1983, since then it's been moved to eight different houses. I don't think we've met in all that time, so perhaps you've seen similar in someone else's home. The design was quite popular for a time.

    EC; I've liked it the best of all the tree toppers I've had over the years.
    I'll probably pass it on to one of the grandchildren eventually. If they want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nearly put a tree up this year. nearly. I can just enjoy your tree by proxy :) Mum used to have some large pine trees in her yard and we would always go and chop off a branch for our Christmas tree. Even though I am not ready for a tree I am still looking forward to this Christmas. This will be my third without Mum and I don't think it is going to be quite so hard this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonza trip down memory lane with the ghosts of christmas tree past. The christmas tree from 2008 gets my vote :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim; feel free to enjoy my tree as often as you like. Maybe you could print it and blu-tac it to the wall.
    Things do get easier as time passes.

    Windsmoke; thanks, 2008 was a good one, but I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking back at photos from Christmas past and seeing how things change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see the variety in your Christmas trees decorations. From reasonably subdued to very elaborate to tastefully subdued for this year's tree. I like them all, but the colourful 2008 version is my favourite ;-)

    Merry Christmas to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. History as told by Christmas trees. I love how they've evolved over the years!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. learncreatedo; trips down memory lane are often great. I like seeing how things change too.

    Carolina; the 2008 one does seem to be the most popular. I think that's the year I put everything I've got on the tree. No lights though. I never do lights.

    Pearl; History as told by Christmas trees. I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs