Sometimes on the way to your dream,

you get lost and find a better one.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

specific instructions would be useful

I'd like a little help please. 
I can't seem to find where I can change my blogger sign in password.
I've discovered recently, via howsecureisyourpassword.net ,that my current password would take about five seconds to be cracked by a hacker. 
So I want to change it.

Remember last year when my email account got hacked and all you lovely readers got spam sent via my name? That wasn't fun and I did change my email password too, back then, but it turns out that new password is also easily hackable, taking about 4 days.
So I want to change that too.

I have another password that I rarely use, according to howsecureisyourpassword.net that one would take 837 THOUSAND years to hack. 

I think I'd like to use that one instead of my current one.

One more thing; when I first turn on my computer, I must enter a password to continue. 
It's the old password I first chose years ago, when I first began using a computer and probably extremely hackable. 

Anyone able to tell me how I can change it? 
I've been to sites I visit to purchase things and have changed my passwords there, so all I need now is help with the above sites.

Please.
Anyone?

9 comments:

  1. I've managed to change my email password, so that's all good, just would really like to change the blogger sign in. I'll try what I did with the email one, see if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that worked. Please ignore all the above requests. Apparently the one I enter when first opening the computer can't be changed without something called a reset password disk. I don't have one of those, have no idea where I'd get one.
    But with all other passwords changed, I'm guessing the one I start up with doesn't matter so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many passwords, I can't remember many of them and have a file with them listed, which is mostly up to date. I think I sign into my blog with my either my yahoo email address or my gmail address and the password is my google password. I never sign out, so I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew; I don't often remember to sign out from places I buy from, so changing those passwords was a good idea, from blogger I never sign out, but wanted to change the password anyway. I only had four passwords for various things, easy enough to remember as I hadn't changed them in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passwords - Oh dear!
    I have many as most of us do. I usually change them about once a year.
    Don't have to enter a password for Windows 10 - because when Windows 10 was installed onto my new laptop and tower computer, the computer people have it so you don't need a password.
    Have no idea how to change a password on a PC - sorry I can't help

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. glad your password problem has been solved.....
    I liked the nine mice giggle ....
    have a good day.. Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret-whiteangel; I have windows 10 too, downloaded as an upgrade, so most of my settings remained the same, so I still have to enter a password to start up.

    Barbara; I'm glad I could work it out for myself. Almost. Got a clue from "no-one" aka my daughter K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only just now read this post -sorry I was of no assistance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee; don't worry, it's all sorted now.

    ReplyDelete