Sunday Selections # 549

 Long ago, in days of yore...Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to Elephant's Child and have a look.

Lola, "again with the camera, let me sleep in peace, please."

the day was warm so the girls shed their cardigans

and greeted the fairies, "what are your names please?"

"we are Sapphire, Jade, Ruby, Crystal, Opal and Amber. The fairies on the seesaw are Brownie and Fudge."

"we are Gillian and Riley"

"and we are Meg and Jordan"

there were lots of stories to be told, so the girls pulled up seats and got comfortable. They are still out there, two days later. 

spring has sprung in my plum trees

my Black Prince aeonium is looking far too leggy (the Christmas Cactus in the same pot has been eaten away to nothing again)

these smaller cuttings are doing well

something has been eating the little green one

my philodendron is looking yellow, it needs feeding very soon

this ivy has gone quite red with the cold and will soon be moved into a bigger pot and will also get some plant food.

bright new leaves

on both hydrangeas

I think those tiny buds in the centre will be the first flower

my honeysuckle has survived another winter, reaching the platform section of the windmill. I'll keep trimming it at this height to encourage more branches.



Comments

  1. Conozco su página y la visito. Me ha gustado tu contribución . Amo las plantas y has incluido en tus fotografías, una gran variedad de ellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VENTANA DE FOTO; thank you, I am glad you like them.

      Delete
  2. Fairy garden look like a wonderful place to visit.

    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; Fairy garden is actually quite dusty now after the southern winds all winter. But still pretty.

      Delete
  3. Really like Lola's barely tolerating the camera expression.
    Would love to have heard some of those stories that kept them all amused for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; Lola often gives me that look. I'd love to hear the stories too, all the places the fairies must have visited, but they don't speak to real people.

      Delete
  4. Loved seeing the girls and your garden revelling in Spring. Smiled at Lola's camera phobic ways. I am with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; the garden is beginning to look good again, but there will be changes soon, some things that aren't doing well will be changed for tougher options that should survive better. I'm surprised at Lola actually staying still for the camera, she used to run away and hide.

      Delete
  5. My Shama and your Lola could be twins..so alike they look. :)

    Have a good week ahead, River...take good care...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lee: I've seen a picture of your Shama, once, long ago, you're right. Lola has many "twins" out there.

      Delete
  6. If there is one plant I miss as we don't have a garden, it is hydrangeas. There is certainly plenty of spring activity in your surrounds. Two days together for the family with the fairies, they must all know each other's life stories by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; this is the first time I've had hydrangeas since I lived in Holsworthy Army Base. I hope they do well, there's already been too much tossed into the green waste bin since I started that garden. Two days with the Fairies has turned into four, they are still out there, but got themselves wrapped up against the cold in one of my scarves.

      Delete
  7. My favorite picture is the pile of tiny cardigans. Kids will be kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute with the chairs!!!
    I always wanted to visit in Spring, but then always thought, naaaah, too cold.
    We have 10C now.
    You? (I could google, of course, but might get frustrated, LOL. Just don´t answer... buhuu.... ;-)...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; early spring is cold, but October and November are much better without being too hot. Today we have 15C, by Wednesday we will have 22-25C but then cooler again for a few days.

      Delete
    2. LOL, define cold. I think you should come back to your "roots" come February!
      Henry would love to meet you (as would we. hahaha... Corinna...)

      Delete
    3. Iris Flavia; I am never coming back. I left at six months old, there is nothing there for me now.

      Delete
  9. The girls are looking lovely as usual. Plants are healthy and your hydrangea is promising, must take a peek at ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; thank you. I think your area may still be too cool for leaves, but you may see buds beginning.

      Delete
  10. A fairy garden full of fairy tales. I envy the four redheads. Thanks for the wonderfol photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I envy the redheads too, all the fun and none of the work, except when they help with cooking.

      Delete
  11. I am happy: both you and Linda Sue posted dolls this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like the sisters and brother enjoyed story time with the fairies a great deal.

    Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; the redheads are all girls, four sisters. my garden will get prettier as more things flower, the bluebells have buds now.

      Delete
  13. Love the hydrangeas, my mother's favourite flower. The girls are busy and I love how thy shed their cardies. You are going into Spring while we are sliding into Fall.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW; my mother's favourite was Lily of the Valley. Spring has sprung here alright, every block has so much jasmine I have a permanent headache until the pollen is all gone from it.

      Delete
  14. Those plants look really wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs