Wednesday's Words on a Thursday because I have something else planned for Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Elephant's Child and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are:

two sunset images

and:

1. beautiful
2. elusive 
3. endurance
4. deep
5. determination
6. extraordinary

here is my story:

I am not beautiful, nor am I extraordinary, but I do have endurance

In spades. 

I can endure. But did I want to? 



It was only until sundown, but it was a whole day. 

Decisions can sometimes be as elusive as the fairies at the bottom of the garden.

I would think about it while I made and ate toast with jam , slathered with cream. Followed by two mugs of very sweet coffee.

Washing up the plate and coffee mug, I made up my mind.

Yes, I would do it.

I dug deep and resurrected my old determination, dusted it off and set about preparing for the next day.

A whole day.

Spent with my mother.

Shopping and gossiping, then home to her house for an early dinner.




Comments

  1. Rotten blogger has eaten my comment twice. Hopefully this time will be different. There is so much contained in this very short piece. I hope that the day with her mother was neither as bad, nor as exhausting as she feared. And that she has a treat planned to 'take the taste away' for afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I would rather like to know how the day went too. Tiring for sure, but did some good come from it? Did she or her mother learn anything new from the experience? Did she put her feet up later and think it hadn't been so bad?

      Delete
  2. Me too hoping the day was really a good one for both of them. Someday, she will cherish that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; true, the day will be cherished in memory, but I wonder how she felt immediately after?

      Delete
  3. Oh, one of those days. I find them hard to look forward to and plan, not quite as hard lo live through, and much better than expected when looking back.
    Well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I am much the same, being unsettled before the event and much calmer after.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes you put on your determination and do what you know has to be done. Maybe it wasn't too bad and she'll go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; determination helps a lot along with the endurance.

      Delete
  5. I sometime just put jam on my toast.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; me too, but if there is cream in the fridge I will have some.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Victor SE Moubarak; not always the easiest time.

      Delete
  7. As a mom this makes my heart ache. As a daughter, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi; welcome to drifting. I understand from both sides too.

      Delete
  8. Very sweet. My Mum came to visit in Braunschweig by herself, without my Brother - and we had just that.
    I invited her to The Tiger, a simple restaurant, yummy, I have one pic, she looked so happy.
    Thank you for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; thank you. I don't think I have ever spent a whole day alone with my mother. There was one time in Sydney when she came to visit for a week and we went to the restaurant at the top of that tower I can't remember the name of, but we took my three kids along too. I don't think we could have spent a whole day with only each other.

      Delete
  9. Oh, yes. Tiger, not Lion. Henry can laugh about this. We signed the contract to our condo there before, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs