Sunday Selections # 631

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.


Autumn in Adelaide, South Australia>>


starting in my garden, here is a volunteer sunflower growing from a seed dropped by a cockatoo, I hope it flowers.


my white geranium is still producing blooms


my potato stem is shrivelled and dried after an unexpected very hot day, I trimmed it back and mounded the soil around the stem, but I won't be too upset if it doesn't live.


the mesembryanthemum (livingstone daisy) is once again beset by mealy bugs so I upended the pot and tossed the whole plant into the green waste bin, along with a couple of other plants the never actually died, but never grew either.


my erigeron (seaside daisy) is still doing well, some of the mounds are easily 50-60cm high. I planted these in between the rose bushes two weeks after I moved in


walking down the street a bit, we have hibiscus in pink


and red. 
Up around the corner>


there are hollyhocks in pink with yellow centres


white with pink centres


and blush cream with yellow centres


this is a section of the neighbour-down-on-the-corner's footpath garden, a sea of Guara,


the individual flowers look like this, they also come in a deep pink variety


Here is Ana getting some time outside while Gen still sleeps, this was helping to distract her 


after her very first fall a day earlier, see the redness on her cheek? She tried to stand and slipped on a toy


Here is daddy J showing her how crawling is done


and finishing with Happy Easter from Anastasia, left and Genevieve, right. 
I just love them to bits.
💖💖💖💖

Comments

  1. Those babies with the rabbit ears! Priceless!

    That's a lot of guara. We planted some of that years ago and it didn't do too well. I think our soil is too clayey. Love the hollyhocks. As for mealybugs, I've been tempted to ditch some infested plants as well, but so far I've been able to keep them in check with rubbing alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; the best "Easter Bunnies" ever! We have clay soil here in Adelaide yet Gaura manages just fine. Perhaps you don't get enough sun/heat for them. I'm not pampering my plants with rubbing alcohol, I'm far too lazy for that.

      Delete
  2. The twins are gorgeous - and of course you love them to bits. Our gardens are winding down up here (except for the weeds). Weeds never sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; gardens here are winding down too, but slowly. There aren't many weeds where I am, mostly clover and dandelions in lawns, a few thistles here and there, easily pulled out when tiny. Oh, the twins, they just melt my heart.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! That bunny-ear picture of the girls is so precious! Also the crawling lesson. At least Ana's spill only affected her cheek, which will bounce back easier than an eye, ear, lip, or nose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; she did cut her upper gum with her brand new bottom teeth and there was blood, but not much. A big cuddle with Mum helped and then next day learning to crawl time with Dad.
      the bunny ears are so great and their new pyjamas have bunnies on them too.

      Delete
  4. Volunteer's usually do really well as they had to fight for their existence to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; this one is in a pot and will be mediocre, but I'm not too fussed about that. If it flowers I'll be happy.

      Delete
  5. Dear little Ana...she would have gotten a fright from falling. That won't stop her...she'll carry on like a little Warrior Princess! :)

    I hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend, River....and that the enjoyment continues through the coming week. Take care...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I expect the fall is long forgotten already, Ana is still pulling herself up on things. I don't take much notice of Easter these days, I think they will be more fun when the twins are a bit older. Lola is avoiding cuddles right now because I tricked her with a tube of flea treatment.

      Delete
  6. I am sure Ana won't be deterred from quickly trying to stand again.
    The sunflower won't bloom now, surely?
    Some lovely blooms are featured.
    I know the plant but I didn't know its name is Guara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; Ana is still pulling herself up on furniture, nothing will stop her, Gen is doing the same. I don't know if the sunflower will bloom or not, I'll take a photo if it does. I always knew Gaura as Butterfly Bush, but so many others are called that too.

      Delete
  7. Pretty flowers, wonderful children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; thank you. I love the twins so much!

      Delete
  8. Well done, Daddy J. That made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; J is a very hands-on Daddy, he loves his little girls so much.

      Delete
  9. Love the (surviving) plants and flowers! Here the weather went back to "winter", ack, it´s no fun anymore... Cute Easter bunnies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; don't worry your summer is coming. We still have a few too warm days before the real cold (ha ha, not like your cold). I love those Easter Bunnies so much.

      Delete
  10. The flowers are beautiful, but those babies, oh, so much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; the flowers are lovely and I'm glad our autums are mild enough to have them blooming. But the babies are the most beautiful and are also blooming, growing, changing.

      Delete
  11. Enjoy looking at all the wonderful photo.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs