Sunday Selections #711

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Starting again with the twins:


Ana enjoying the splashpad

Gen also enjoys getting wet

Daddy put up the umbrella for shade

letting the jets squirt her

splashing hard

meanwhile in my yard:

I'm growing a potato plant!


Friday I took a walk through the city, and saw a few interesting things on my way to the river:

"Naughty Nanna's Cookies"

John Lennon on a building in Halifax Street

our Victoria Square fountain

a single newish boot left all alone on a street seat


My destination was the Torrens River where the OzAsia Festival is being set up:

a gondola on the water

and then....Ta Da! the one thing I walked for miles to photograph:

The Dragon on the footbridge which crosses the river with the convention Centre on the city side and Footy Oval on the northern side.

There is her full length, almost half the bridge I think, maybe a bit more

different colours along the length

Her head and a couple of people who hadn't moved along yet, I waited quite a while to get each shot so as to avoid having people

Isn't she magnificent?






Comments

  1. That is a gorgeous dragon. very eye-catching in all her beauty.
    The little girls know how to keep cool in the heat. Water is such a wonderful element for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how young and cute John Lennon once was? Remember when he was tragically killed while being nice to some American man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dragon would make me smile every time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the confusion of one lone shoe. What the hell happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The twins are cute of course but I LOVE that dragon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

Words for Wednesday