Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Sean Jeating and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. desert 2. dream 3. machos 4. planet 5. treatment 

and/or: 

1. bags 2. behind 3. four 4. infinity 5. walk

Also including Charlotte's colour of the month: pebble grey

Here is my story:

I’d been to the Dentist and after leaving behind virtual bags of money for a forty minute treatment I was on my way home. Walking of course, since I lived close by and could certainly use some exercise after slothing for several years since retirement.

I sometimes felt my backside must be almost as big as the planet, and that just won’t do! Walk, walk, walk. Summer is on its way, so much of my walking will be done on local beaches, where the sand stretches from here to infinity, much like a desert, soft and white but closer to pebble grey down by the water. At least there is water to dip into should I get too hot, unlike a real desert.

I still wish I lived near the beach as I used to, but that’s an unattainable dream these days. Waterfront housing costs as much as a princess’s wedding! Instead it’s a four section trip on public transport: bus, then train, walk on the beach, then train and bus again to get back home. 


Comments

  1. It's nice to have something pleasant to do after a visit to the dentist. Walking on the beach sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true story from you???? And a good one.
    My surname translated is Emperor. My wedding dress was AU$ 9,99 from K-Mart, Joondalup and my shoes 12,99. Ingo brought his light gown from Germany.
    Yet... a house by the ocean... a princess´ dream! Sadly. Please dip your toes into your ocean for me, too.

    Here is mine:
    In Wilhelmshaven in the "horror-hotel", which seemed like a planet on it´s own, Ingo had desert after a hearty brekkie (yuk!). They had workers there everywhere, the treatment by them was nice.
    Though, it felt like there were four different flight of stairs, leading to infinity. I had many a bad dream of it, but luckily no machos around! Everybody was nice (or bored).

    Gosh, really. Never go into that hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well executed. Again. And how I wish I lived closer to water. You are so right about it being expensive though. And a beach would be a perfect antidote to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

Words for Wednesday