Alert Notice

 My laptop is dying, sluggish and many (all) icons on task bar are unresponsive so I may be off line for a day while I buy and set up a new one. I hope I remember how: plug in, type in password and good to go, right?  We'll see. 

I have written down all the websites I need to visit my favourite blogs, and Sunday Selections is already prescheduled. 

All is good, right? 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Iris; I was going to wait and go to the store tomorrow, but now it doesn't even turn off unless I hold down the power button, so I'll be going to the city later today. Currently transferring all my pictures to an external hard drive.

      Delete
  2. Que tudo dê certo! Não podemos mais ficar sem comunicação,rs
    beijos, lindo fds e feliz agosto! chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica; thank you, I hope to find something the same size as this one at least.

      Delete
  3. Copy your email addresses and blog urls etc before they disappear for ever. Print them on a sheet of paper.
    My blog posts are still not appearing at the time of publication I had asked for, so there is something going wrong all over the place :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hels; all emails and blog urls are already listed for years now, just in case so that was a handy move, and right now all my pictures are being transferred to an external hard drive.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! A new computer is always great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks; thank you, usually I don't like change, I still miss the Toshiba I had before this one, but needs must, so off I go shopping.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Well, it's never fun to be FORCED to buy a new computer, but once you have one you'll probably love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; I was hoping this Asus would limp along a few months more, but it's definitely on its way out, so I'll be in the city later today, probably a new one will come with Windows 11 and I'll have to get used to that. Right now I am transferring all my photos and videos to an external hard drive, just over 70 thousand of them!

      Delete
  6. I wish you the best of luck adapting to a new computer. I have my new one set up already, but I'm clinging to my familiar HIPPIE until he is most sincerely dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I didn't want to change either, but here I am typing on a brand new Lenovo, chosen because the screen is the same size I am used to, and it fit my available price range. Still needsa bit of tweaking.

      Delete
  7. I’m praying all is good. In a pinch, do your public libraries have computers they allow people to use? Ours do, and it has saved me in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?