Moonshine

 last night's crescent moon with Venus by her side


August 16th, taken with my phone. 

I got a closer shot with the zoom on the big camera, but haven't downloaded it yet, so this will do.

Comments

  1. Very cool shot, River! Happy New Week with a great big side of boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Happy Whisk; thank you, I wish I could boogie, but I'm a bit stiff these days, it will have to be mental boogeying.

      Delete
    2. Mental boogie boogie time is just as good and fun.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, your phone captured the mood perfectly! There’s absolutely no rush on that big camera shot; we’ll be here whenever you get around to downloading it. Thank you for sharing such a lovely, quiet moment to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody Jacob; thank you. I so rarely touch thebig camera these days so don't know when I will get around to downloading pictures.

      Delete
  3. It's the content that matters, and this content is great. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boud; thank you. I wouldn't even have known if "no-one" didn't tell me about it, so I rushed out in the cold.

      Delete
  4. Nice shot! That kind of shot, when the round moon is visible despite the brilliance of the waning crescent moon, is poetically known as "the new moon in the old moon's arms."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks; thank you, I did not know "the new moon in the old moon's arms" Have never heard that before and will tell "no-one".

      Delete
  5. WOW that is beautiful! Well done you with your phone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; thank you, I am quite surprised myself.

      Delete
  6. That is so cool! I love it! You can't take an appreciation for moonshine out of an old science teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool. I saw it, but did not think of a photo. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; thank you, now you can just look at this photo instead of rushing out in the heat of the night.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty! We saw it on the way home from Ms. Diana's tonight, but I did not even bother to try to get it on my phone, it's always a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I didn't know about it until daughter sent me her photo, then I went out and took my own.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; thank you.

      Delete
  10. Great shot - we just watched on TV, too much light pollution here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; this is just a new moon, not the eclipse, that was only visible in the northern hemisphere.

      Delete
    2. Ah, of course, either way... here we see nothing (but I must not complain, I wanted to live here).

      Delete
  11. Did you know in advance that the moon and Venus would be side by side in our night sky? Or was it random chance that you had your camera in your hand when you saw the event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels; I did not know until "no-one" told me so I rushed out with my phone and took the shot you see here, then went back out with the big camera and got a better shot.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. jabblog; thank you, I rarely see the moon these days it is too cold out there.

      Delete
  13. We had a partial eclipse in the UK last week (95%). It was best in Iceland and Spain but it was very noticeable here in the UK. Sadly, I didn't have any special filter glasses so I couldn't look at it and it can damage your photography equipment so I didn't photgraph it either. However, we definitely noticed the light diminish and with a colander we could actually see the moon drifting over the sun.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plasman; I saw your eclipse on TV here in the 6pm news program. My shot is just a new moon.

      Delete
  14. That is a great photograph.
    So pleased you took it and shared it here :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?

Sunday Selections # 790

Welcome to 2026