A True Legend Has left us...

 😢😢

Dolly Parton has died, aged 80, just six years older than me, this woman did so very much in her time on this earth and will never be forgotten.


I remember her on The Muppet Show talking with "Miss Piggy"


(photo borrowed from Google Images, thank you to whoever put this there.)

and in the movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" with Burt Reynolds. It's a comedy and I laugh so much everytime I watch it.

Ignore the vertical green line, this is my own DVD copy of the movie which I will watch again tonight.

Other movies include Steel Magnolias,  Wild Texas Wind,  9 to 5, Rhinestone, with Sylvester Stallone, Unlikely Angel, A Smoky Mountain Christmas and more, plus appearances in several Television series too.

Dolly supported many charities and even started one herself:

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, a free book-gifting program which has branches in many countries including Australia. You can find it online to learn more about it. I believe she started this to help children and honour her father who never learned to read and write.


One of the world's Very Best People


Singer


Actor

 Good Person. 

There will never be another like her.


💖🌈💖

Comments

  1. Liked and respected. You are the fourth blogger to mention her death that I've read this morning. I can't remember that happening for any other celebrity. Vale Dolly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?