Sometimes on the way to your dream,

you get lost and find a better one.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

does this make me a Masterchef?

We've been asked to wear these aprons at work.



I wasn't at all keen, until the Boss handed me one and said "put this on".
Hmpf!
Anyway...we each get two and I managed to lose one already.
Hung it up in the locker room while I fiddled around organising my stuff in my locker, then forgot it completely and went home. Next morning, it was gone. Yay! Then the boss handed me the second one. Sigh.
I was going to individualise it with miniature utensils stitched across the top. You know, spatula, whisk, etc, but couldn't find any tiny enough. I wanted doll's house size, about 1 1/2 inches long.
I settled for "mini" utensils from K-mart, whisk 15cm, spatula 18cm. But they are awkward, banging on the checkout, getting caught on the bag rack, so off they came and now they're in the kitchen drawer. They'll probably never see the light of day again.
Many customers have asked me what my specialty is. I tell them toast with your own choice of jam. I don't dare tell them my real specialty, (*chicken schnitzel, sshh), because they might all rock up for dinner and I only have three chairs.
*pics tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Haha. MY very own choice of jam! Wow. Count me in. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Melissa, I enjoy your blog, it makes me laugh and I quite like laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a cheeky old sod! I *LOVE* the apron - I reckon it'll be a collectors' item one day.

    Off to eat some toast for my late breakfast right now......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will that be tea or coffee to go with your toast, ladies?
    We have a range of marmalades Jayne, orange, lime, english breakfast...

    ReplyDelete