Sunday Selections # 223



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
  Andrew often joins in too.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week I am taking you back to Nellie's Garden. 
You might remember me mentioning it is right beside the Mitcham Railway Station.

from the city out to suburbia.

a small section of the mural on the building you see as you get off the train, I showed the full mural a few weeks ago I think.



three different paths through the garden

this looks very much like it would have been the original station toilet, I don't know if it still is a toilet. 

feathery golden fronds,

in amongst deeper greens and brighter colours.

pale pink hibiscus, there were two of these,

one on either side of this white one. This is the first white hibiscus I've ever seen.

I love the texture and colours of the bark on this tree

it leads up to a dead patch and I was wondering if perhaps that branch had been struck by lightning.
 Higher up and off to the side this tree continues to grow and it quite tall and spreading.

heading out of Nellie's Garden towards the main station building is this huge white gum tree.

finally, here is a message for all mums out there:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!













 

Comments

  1. Nellie's Garden is a haven of peace and beauty. Thank you.
    And happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us back; a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly...a Happy Mother's Day to you, River :)

    That mural (or part thereof) looked almost real-life at first glance.

    Hopefully the shed is now a garden shed! Oh! God! How I hated those things! I still hate public toilets and never use them. lol

    I hope you have a wonderful week, River...cuddles to Angle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies to Angel...for my typo when writing his name! Please! Please forgive me Angel... :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely place to visit, I too like the bark on trees and often take pictures but they often as not do not turn out as good as the real thing.
    Happy mothers day.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place and so close to the city. I am biased, but I really like the first station photo. For some reason it won't enlarge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elephant's Child; and it's surprisingly quiet in spite of being right next to a main road.

    Joanne; I think we're going back next week too.

    Lee; thanks, I've had calls from all my kids and a giant box of chocs which I'm trying very hard not to eat all at once.
    That mural is very well done. I hope the shed is used for tools storage or something too, it's very small though, dunny sized.
    I'm comfortable with public toilets, when I have to go, I just go.
    Angel spent most of the night sleeping on half my pillow.

    Merle; I've noticed that problem with bark too, if you don't get the light and shadows at the right angle, it just looks like any other tree. I usually take a dozen photos from different angles.

    Andrew; you're right, it won't enlarge. I have no idea why, all the others do. I'll get more station photos next time I go there. Maybe I'll wait for a train too, depending on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and happy Mother's Day to you as well! It's Sunday morning here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing more of Nellie's Garden. I am really taken by it and would love to go there with you.
    We have an apple blossom hibiscus in our front garden (the pink one...was there when we bought the house 41 years ago. Not sure I've ever seen a white one).
    Thanks for the m/day greetings. We had a great day,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs