Musical Monday # 66



Musical Monday


I was introduced to Musical Monday by Delores who copied the meme from another site.

I think it’s a fun way to show off some of the music we like and brighten up our Mondays at the same time. 

I’ll be finding my clips on you tube, so will simply credit that site since there are often so many versions of everything and I wouldn’t want to accidentally credit the wrong artist.

Today’s clip is: Madonna

I'll Remember

I heard this at the end of one of my favourite movies, With Honors, starring Brendan Fraser, Joe Pesci, Moira Kelly, Patrick Dempsey and Josh Hamilton.

It's a great movie, I saw it first in the late 90s and was surprised to discover Madonna is the singer of this song. It's so different from her usual style.

I hope it plays for you.

Comments

  1. I'd never heard it before--pure poetry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen the movies, but it sounds like it is a very nice movie....I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    The lyrics are excellent; very emotive, and so appropriate for the film storyline they were written for.

    I'm not a huge fan of Madonna's music.; I never have been, but I do admire her determination and her hard work throughout her career. I don't have any of her music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this song. Thank you River.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one of hers I knew. You are right, very different. And to my ears, better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved both the song and the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fishducky; it is beautiful isn't it?

    Lee; it wasn't an easy movie to find when I bought my copy, found on one of those footpath bargain tables. You may have better luck downloading it if you can do that.

    Vicki; it's one of my quieter favourites.

    Elephant's Child; so far away from her usual raunchy style.

    Snoskred; it's one of the better movies, not filled with violence and car chases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something nice about Brendan Fraser, too...I always liked him in movies.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've seen the film, I must look for it. I like the song too. Actually I quite like Madonna. I just wish that she would age gracefully instead of flashing her aging bits at us at every opportunity. She's my age for God's sake and you don't see me flashing my bits at the world (it would be the end of civilization as we know it).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Craig; it's an old film, I hope you can find it, perhaps online?
    i quite like Madonna too, many of her songs are on my Ipods. I cringe a bit too when I see her on TV or online, doing her usual stuff. But that's who she is, that's how she has always performed, except for her very earliest years. Performing is her job and she enjoys her work. I agree she does go a little over the top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs