Sunday Selections #623

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Elephant's Child is taking a well-earned break this month so won't be joining us.

some of you may remember this very colourful piano from years ago, several of them were placed around the city during "Arts" week, I think and people were encouraged to sit and 'tickle the ivories'.

I found this old photo when looking for something else, a personal fan, which didn't work for very long, even after replacing the batteries it didn't spin the blades.

this, and the next two, are from my previous home, I brought home a bunch of Singapore Orchids one week because I loved the colour

aren't they gorgeous? The glowing jewel tones are unlike any flower I have seen.

on my table/desk later with just one lamp turned on, they almost glow in the dark.

more recently, just last week, (oh no! I hard boiled the twins!) A double yolked egg from a carton that had several double yolkers. 

this is my sky just two days ago, tiny puffs of clouds moving across the expanse of blue

I bought this Hand Blender Set last year, after I broke the glass jar on my super-duper Sunbeam blender by putting in soup that hadn't cooled enough. The crack was so loud I jumped back from the bench expecting an explosion of soup.

yesterday I made the same sweet potato/pumpkin soup with a slight variation, I added half a zucchini that was lazing around in the crisper. I let the simmered veggies cool much longer (so I could get this post scheduled) then the new hand blender worked just fine.

A fire truck parked in my driveway last week, but there was no sign or smell of any fire, so perhaps he was just learning his way around, the road through the complex has several turnoffs that go nowhere

and the driver spent a fair amount of time studying the layout. The red areas are garages, the blue areas are visitor parking, the green blocks are the flats. 

here is Anastasia loving her sippy cup with a straw, they use these for drinking water

and here is Genevieve with hers.

joining in with Charlotte's colour of the month, both girls like tipping up their toys to examine the plain white undersides.

Gen sleeping soundly in her very own white cot

and Ana, also sleeping soundly on her own. They are too big to share a cot now, and Ana likes to kick which makes it unsafe for Gen.

I hope this little video plays for you, you'll need your sound turned on, it's Gen, so very close to crawling.




Comments

  1. The fire truck probably had a new guy learning the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Steve Reed; me too! The others dotted around the city were painted with different colours and designs, but this was the best.

      Delete
  3. uh oh! baby crawling!!! That's how it all starts , now the parents will realize that parenthood is non- stop guarding, protecting, running, up and down...Jumping , turning, more running. Oh lord, i wish them energy and good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; yes, now it begins. I wish I lived closer to be able to help out, with the Daddy at work for long hours and the travel back and forth from that work, it's a bit tough on the Mummy, although she has been through this before with her sons. i can visit, but just getting there takes two hours and getting home again, the same.

      Delete
  4. Orchid blooms last such a long time. They are good value.
    I haven't seen a double yolk egg for decades.
    Stick blenders are the best thing ever.
    Yes, the crawling will happen so quickly now. How fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I remember those orchids lasted a good long while. I see double yolked eggs at least once a year, this particular carton had several of them. I've never owned a stick blender before and this one seems quite powerful, it also has a mini food processor bowl attachment.
      The crawling means safety gates will now be added to both kitchen entrances and when the second twin gets going S will need eyes in the back of her head.

      Delete
  5. And, once more, you've made my day with pics of the beautiful bubs. :)

    I hope the coming week treats you kindly, River....cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; they are beautiful babies aren't they? Cuddles to Shama too.

      Delete
  6. The little ones are a delight, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my blog I mention the town of Sandpoint. On one of there streets they have piano out street.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. The twins are adorable, hard work no doubt, but so rewarding. The Singapore lilies are gorgeous, such rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; yes, hard work, but twice as much fun. They are orchids, I could never bring lilies home with my allergies.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I saw such pianos in Perth, too! But never anyone playing, how sad.

    m&ms... they had some really funny ads here. Beautiful flowers. Well done with the light!!!

    LOL, poor twins that - oh, reminds me, I wanted to make pickled eggs today!
    Grey again today here.
    Ooooo.kkkkk. Never hot soup in such things! Lesson learned! "Bellini". Sweet. I have a CD of the music-group. Oh. that was in the 1990´s...

    I had a carrot that was lazing around so long it went dark!!!

    Great your firefighters learn for in case. Here at the TU they always give lessons, too. And sometimes they have an open day. I always go to learn.
    Glad you can feel safe.

    Water, clever. Here kids get soft drinks often and you can guess what happens...
    Cute video. Oh, how slow us humans learn to get along! Sadly I cannot remember how my Brother learned to walk and his kids... just a little glimpse here and there.
    So nice I follow these two :-) Have a happy (rest-) Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I sometimes saw people playing the pianos and sometimes kids would have a try.
      The Bellini is really good and more powerful than I expected. The soup was nice with the zucchini, one time I put a carrot and it was too strong.
      I always gave my babies water to drink when they weren't having milk for breakfast and dinner, just plain water because I know the harm soft drinks can do for their teeth.

      Delete
    2. A carrot can make the difference?!
      Yes, I think when babies grow up with water they´re always OK with that! Too many parents here fall for the "fancy" stuff and ruin their kid´s health altogether. So many are overweight at a young age already.
      You need a license to drive a car but none to create new life.
      Mimimi. Next month I´ll have to brave up. Dentist.

      Delete
    3. Iris; the carrot flavour was too strong for the soup.

      Delete
  10. Such fun colours but the littles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn Jilks; they are adorable aren't they? The pianos are fun and there were other "arty" things in other places, but I can't find all the photos, I think from 8 years ago now.

      Delete
  11. I've never seen boiled double yolks! Always found them when cracking open an egg, and not very often. More common when we had chickens and collected our own eggs. I much prefer to see the OTHER twins, though! They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I've boiled double yolks a few times over the years. I agree the real twins are the more adorable ones.

      Delete
  12. Those flowers are delightfully pretty, and the piano makes me wish i knew how to play.

    The twins are most precious and are growing amazingly fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; the flowers lasted a long while. ALL pianos make me wish I could play. it's amazing how much a baby grows from birth to the first birthday.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful twins, gorgeous flowers, and thanks for using my colour. I had a grand idea, forgot to jot it down, and away it flew. I'm so happy you posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; thank you. I thought about doing a whole separate post about white, but couldn't manage it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs