Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Lissa and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. missing 2. pillow 3. rattle 4. flight 5. beginning 6. shabby 7. time

This month's colour provided by Charlotte is white

Here is my story: 

"Where is my pillow?" she asked. "What pillow?" he asked right back at her. "The small white one that I was beginning to embroider a cover for, it's missing from the couch." "Oh, um, I let Jenna take it with her when she left for home today. She booked a flight on one of the cheaper airlines, they use those really small shabby planes and she says the pillow will cushion any rattle she might hear during take-off and landing. She promised to send it back."  "What time does her plane land in Salter's Town?"  "In about an hour," he replied. "We'll phone her then and let her know she can keep it. I was embroidering a cover to send to her with the pillow inside it, it was to be a birthday gift, now I will just send the cover when it's done," she said.  "No harm done then, right love?" he gave her a hug and they went into the kitchen to start dinner preparations.


Comments

  1. I simply love your small stories of everyday kindness and complacency (not the right word, I'm afraid - one meaning the same without notes of 'smug', please). I always smile and feel that the world is a better place after having read them. They boost my Thursday evening cooking as my place it is now 20 past 3 pm Tuesday ;) And thanks for using my colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I do try to write happy pieces that make people feel good. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely vignette of lives well lived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story! :-) I think for once I can join you tomorrow (after work) - late evening here now and I need to get tired... thank you - this brought up some memories (you know I am not creative and it´ll be but true story).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; thank you and I am looking forward to reading your sory.

      Delete
    2. I got up early and hence have again two posts today. Guess I do too much, but it´s such fun!

      Delete
  4. Such impromptu decisions sometimes don't turn out so well. These two sound well suited. Nice story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; this is a family that know and love each other well.

      Delete
  5. Ages ago she found her missing tooth under her pillow and placed it in a glass on her bedroom windowsill. There it would rattle when planes from the nearby airport took flight. She looked around her room, admitting that it was beginning to look tired and shabby. It had been quite some time since she had given it a good deep clean and perhaps the once snow white walls needed repainting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; this is nice. I would definitely paint the snow white walls! I need colour.

      Delete
  6. I hope she had a good flight.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if flying on shabby planes is a good idea but at least she got a pillow. Great use of the prompts.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That worked out well. Easier to send the cover than the whole pillow, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs