Sunday Selections # 625

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Saturday breakfast, cheese and tomato toast

this is the soup I made recently, sweet potato pumpkin and zucchini, it also has onion and grated fresh ginger, but no celery because the recipe says one stalk and you cannot buy just one stalk anymore.

served in my favourite soup mug of course

pureed and delicious

my stirring spoon got so excited she just lost her head!

I'll have to be more careful with these two, no more tapping them on the edge of the pot. I'll stick to wooden spoons for stirring.

here I am on a train, 

as we leave the city station the royal Adelaide Hospital comes into view, we call it the RAH

as you can see it stretches out for quite a long way, yet it still doesn't seem to be big enough, there is a lot of "ambulance ramping" with patients waiting to get in, but the ED is full and people can't be moved to beds because there just doesn't seem to be enough. 

at the end of my train ride, here I am at Salisbury interchange, which is a combined train and bus stop

there are several of these "islands" where the buses come and go on either side to or from the city and other suburbs. I like the curved shelters.

the train station part has some lovely murals this one featuring a couple of cockatoos

mural of a train and commuters

this is Gen, one of two reasons for my trip, munching on her toy while waiting for her lunch

another mural which loaded into the wrong spot

and Ana, looking quite serious wondering where is my lunch? 

a couple of days after I arrived home this popped up on my phone. Gen (I think) has taken down her brother!



Comments

  1. I love grilled/toasted cheese sandwiches with or without tomato...always have done Actually, I had a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch yesterday, as coincidence would have it!

    Good idea re the wooden spoon rather than plastic. Wooden spoons were great threats when we were kids....and they were only threats. Never did Mum or Nana use them as weapons! lol The threat was enough for us to pull our socks up and heads in!!

    My goodness! The girls are growing...they are blossoming! :)

    Have a good week ahead, River. I hope the cooler temps stick around down that way for you after the heat you had. Take care...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I like mine with tomato and sometimes ham as well. I usually use a wooden spoon, don't know why I chose the plastic one this time. it's hard to believe how fast the time has gone since the girls were born. Next week they are nine months old!

      Delete
  2. Lovely newsy post.
    It seems you have a problem with hospital beds, too.
    The twins' brother is going to have a lot to contend with when his sisters grow up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; hospital bed shortage is a world-wide problem I think. The twins have three older brothers, this is the middle one.

      Delete
  3. Was it the Parabanks Shopping Centre in Salisbury we visited last last year by the O'bahn bus? It had a very large bus interchange.

    It looks like even young people find twins exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; the O'bahn doesn't go that way, it goes to Modbury which has a larger interchange and the giant Tea Tree Plaza shopping mall. I think the interchange is also called Tea Tree Plaza. I don't think E finds them too exhausting, he just lies down and lets them climb all over him.

      Delete
  4. We have done toasted cheese and tomato soup forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; I'm not a fan of tomato soup, but I do use it as a base for my vegetable bean pasta soup.

      Delete
  5. Just for future reference, you can keep celery for weeks if you wrap it first in damp paper towels and then tightly in foil. I've used a stalk or two at a time for up to 6 weeks that way.

    Some hospitals have plenty of beds, just not enough nurses and other staff, the patients wouldn't be seen to if they were put in those beds, so they're left empty.

    I like the murals.

    The girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I have kept celery in the past, but just don't use it. I know there is a shortage of nurses and other staff too, it's a huge problem. The girls are beautiful aren't they!

      Delete
  6. I like tomato and cheese together.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; me too, especially toasted in winter when it's nicer than a cold sandwich.

      Delete
  7. All the photos are good to see, sorry about your spoon losing it's head, oh dear!
    Soup look good and won't be long and I'll make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; I'm sure I'll find a use for the broken spoon, even if it is just as a photo prop.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm, that toast looks very yummy! Cheese makes everything better.
    Sad you cannot buy one stalk, same here. I love tistit cheese, Ingo hates it. Family sized portions only. Even IF Inongo liked it.. too much.
    Cheese-counter? Too expensive. So I eat tilsit, tilsit, tilsit for two weeks and then take a huge break from that!
    I never heard of soup mug - very cool, you witch ;-)
    OHHH!!! Poor Spoon!
    Really, you have to share a train on the weekend ;-)
    Trains, trains, trains, yesterday the Indiann Pacific was on TV and certainly sopped in your place, too!
    Ingo years ago wanted to land in Adelaide and take this one to Perth!
    I think it´s too expensive and also we traveled by car, so... nope.
    Maybe blog post to come)

    Beautiful murals!
    The babies grow up (too) fast!
    Have a great rest-Sunday. 0C here, Sun sometimes coming out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; cheese makes a lot of things better. Sometimes in the better supermarket across the road they have cut stalks of celery and you can buy one or a few, but not often. That would be the time to buy just a few and make soup for the freezer. I don't know Tilsit cheese, is it strong flavoured like Parmesan? I like parmesan but not for sandwiches, I like a mild cheese for sandwiches like Edam or Gouda, sometimes Swiss cheese.
      I remember the Indian-Pacific and have always wanted to ride it, but it is too expensive, same as The Ghan which goes to Alice Springs and I think to Darwin also, it is over $400 for a ticket just one way! So I will never go on that.
      I hope you get more sunshine soon, you almost have Spring now and we will soon have Autumn.

      Delete
  9. The cheese and tomato toast looks delicious, but the soup is not my cup of tea. Your spoon looks like she is saying, "O!" about her decapitation. The twins will be spoiled so much by those three brothers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; the spoon does look surprised! I don't think the twins will be spoiled too much, the boys show more interest in their phones most of the time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs