Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Lissa and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. love 2. happiness 3. chocolate 4. single 5. dinner 

and or: 

1. hate 2. sadness 3. lemon 4. attached/double 5. breakfast

Also joining in with Charlotte's colour of the month which is white for February.

Here is my story:

Khoral Kai was chatting with a group of teenagers as they walked home from school. He’d noticed Carla crying and wanted to help. He handed her a huge white handkerchief and she dried her eyes, then said, “Louise and Sally said they hate me now, because they both like Trevor, but he likes me instead of one of them. I didn’t ask him to like me! Why would they hate me for that?” “Because they’ve joined that snooty group of Amelia’s who think they are better than everyone else!” said Katrina.

“I’ve noticed this a lot with teenagers,” said Khoral. “So much sadness and all over who is attached to whom, then a week or two later everyone fixates on someone or something else. This will change as you all get older, although I see that isn’t much comfort right now. The thing is, life is not a fairytale and whomever you see as your eternal Prince Charming probably isn’t.” “I don’t think any of them qualify as Prince Charmings,” said Katrina. Estelle said, “sometimes kids our age do find their soul mate early, remember Romeo and Juliet?”

“That is also true,” said Khoral, “but usually you need to have several friends, boys and girls, that you have things in common with and eventually you will find the one that is meant for you. Sometimes that doesn’t happen until you have left school and worked at a job or a career for a while and found your niche. It could be that someone else will come along who fits right into that niche with you.” “Or someone completely different who loves you for who and what you are anyway. That’s what my Grandma says,” said Samantha.

“Your Grandma speaks the truth,” said Khoral. “Now, let’s talk about the happiness side of things. Carla, what would make you happy right now?” “If I could be friends with just everybody and not worry about who likes who,” said Carla. “Would it help if you spoke with Louise and Sally away from the others?” said Khoral. “Probably not,” said Carla as the others nodded. “They’ll have to come to their senses on their own.”  “Wise words from one so young,” said Khoral. “Well I have been listening to your stories for years now and there is always a lesson in them,” said Carla.

“Here’s home,” said Estelle, turning in at her gate. “Are you still coming for dinner?” she asked of Carla and Katrina. Samantha had already said she couldn’t make it. “Yes, of course,” both girls replied. “Good, Mum has already been baking a new kind of dessert. Single serve lemon cheesecakes drizzled with white chocolate,” she said. “Oh yum!" said Samantha. “We’ll save one for you,” said Estelle, “I’ll bring it around after breakfast tomorrow.” “Thank you,” said Samantha, then whispered something to Estelle. “Of course I’ll bring one for your Grandma too and would you like me to save one for you Khoral?” she asked. “That would be lovely, thank you very much,” said Khoral.

Estelle said, "Fiona Thompson wants them at her wedding, so Mum is doing a practice run.”


Comments

  1. Yippeeee, Khoral Kai is back!
    And another sweet, wise story!!!! Thank you!
    Nice ending, too.
    Sadly my mind found no (true) story to join you. I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I hadn't planned on Khoral Kai, but he popped into my head and wouldn't leave.

      Delete
    2. Glad he didn´t leave!!!
      I came up with a story, too, btw, and!
      Nicole gave me a recipe for bread. It says "active dry yeast", your sachet says "dry yeast" - is that the same? I´m still a total newbie in this...

      Delete
    3. I have no idea about the yeast.

      Delete
    4. Then all I can do is try!
      In March. Yesterday was another long work-day, ack, I am sooo tired. I have NOT forgotten about your pressie...

      Delete
  2. We all need Khoral Kai in our lives. His philosophy is rubbing off on others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I wish I'd had a Khoral Kai when I was younger.

      Delete
  3. Oh Khoral Kai is back. I've been missing him. And such a well turned story too. Thanks for using 'my' colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I've missed Khoral Kai too and hadn't even planned on him this week, but it turned out well.

      Delete
  4. I work at the "Chow" fortune cookie factory on the edge of town. It is my responsibility to write the messages that you find inside fortune cookies. Recent messages have included. "Love and happiness sleep in the same bed", "Those who dream of chocolate get chocolate" and "It may take a single dinner, to touch somebody's heart".

    It's all so sugary sweet. I once suggested to my boss Mr Chow that we should make some alternative anarchic fortune cookie messages including, "hate is the cousin of sadness" , "lemon is the attached/double of grapefruit" and "breakfast is for losers". Needless to say Mr Chow was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you propose jokes, Mr. Chow would like it better.

      My latest fortune cookie read, "There are no bad days, some are just better than others."

      Delete
    2. Yorkshire Pudding; nicely done. It must be hard thinking up cookie messages. I haven't had a fortune cookie in decades.

      Delete
  5. Mr. Chow, he had no eye to the future of fortune cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane; Mr Chow probably just prefers positive messages.

      Delete
    2. Mr Chow's favourite message was "Buy Chow fortune cookies and make Mr Chow a fortune!"

      Delete
  6. An excellent story, i am so glad Khoral Kai is joining in once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; he popped in all by himself, I was planning a different story. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Lemon cheesecake with white chocolate? I'll have some of that. Forget boys, cake is the way to go.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lissa; cake is definitely the way to go. just not every day.

      Delete
  8. Good advice from Khoral once again, and a natural flow to the conversation. Plus a tasty treat at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs