Sunday Selections # 655

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. Please, feel free.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. 

Roaming around the grounds here:

this face on a broken piece of terracotta was once a pot I think, a neighbour has displayed it here in her wall hanging

along with a tiny bird nest, woven so carefully and beautifully with all kinds of materials, on the lower left you can see a thin strip of green plastic

under the wall hanging is a pot with a beautiful piece of driftwood in it

and here is the full wall hanging, I really must get one of these for myself, I love it.

some bright green mint growing well

on the porch next dor to the wall hanging one an unmatched pair of glazed pots has a geranium in the behind pot and a hen-and-chickens in the front pot

a little further around the flats is R's garden with purple centred yellow daisies

next to a small patch of mixed colour

she has a tiny concrete inch-worm

a tiny concrete car with teddy bears going on a picnic

both next to some lavender which was humming with bees

and she has this structure which I have shown you before but many years ago now and definitely worth another look

on that structure are tiny statuettes, like this pair of dancing bunnies

you remember I recently showed you how the caribbean lily flower is almost finished

this is what it looks like now, all the flowers are dried and when the stem dries I shall cut it off.

nest to my steps is a pot with jade cuttings belonging to my upstairs neighbour and it has a tall volunteer sunflower looking quite droopy since I forgot to water it on the warm days

but it has a giant flower bud! I have since watered it and will take photos of the flower when it opens.

the twins recently had vaccinations, look at that pained frown,

and the nurse have them lollipops to help them stop screaming crying.  A real treat since they don't get such things and I think this is their very first lolly experience.



Comments

  1. I love the wall pot display and the little garden ornaments. Don't the twins look sweet with their hair in bunches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; the twins do look very sweet with their hair in little pigtails. I love the wall display and am looking for one of those for myself.

      Delete
  2. A fistful of lolly helps the medicine go in! Pardon me for not singing that. I'm no Mary Poppins. Even though it was after the fact, maybe the association will help calm their memory of the vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; sing away! You don't need to be Mary Poppins! And you don't have nearby neighbours. Vaccinations are harder on babies now because they get so many more than we did as youngsters. The only one I got as a baby was the smallpox one so we could travel from Germany to Australia. Later vaccinations happened during school years when the bus came around each year and we all lined up.

      Delete
  3. Yet another gorgeous selection. It does look as if the lolly eased the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; one comment for each twin? Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Yet another gorgeous selection. It does look as if the lolly eased the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; lollipops usually go a long way to easing many things at that age.

      Delete
  5. I was hoping to get lollipops when I got my jabs over the past couple of years...but nope!!! :)

    Have a nice, relaxing week ahead, River...cuddles to lovely Lady Lola from me. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; perhaps if you cried as much as the twins, you'll get one next time? Or you could buy yourself one. We adults are supposed to just suck-it-up (*~*)

      Delete
  6. I think it would be good for the terracotta face to fall off the wall but otherwise the is plenty of interest. I do like the wall hanging frame. Do you have a birthday coming up? Drop some hints, or maybe wait for Christmas.

    The twins don't seem quite sure about the lollipops They are probably boring low sugar versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; you don't like the face? I love the hanging frame and want one. I'm looking around whenever I go near secondhand shops and garden centres. Birthday was last month. The twins have never had lollipops before and I think the facial expressions have more to do with just having been jabbed with multiple vaccinations.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flowers. Thank you. But the lollies are best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; thank you. The twins with their lollipops are better than any flowers.

      Delete
  8. Lovely selection R. I do think that wall hanging thing is very nice on a blank wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My broken King Frog says hi to the broken face...
    Nice to see others don´t give up, either :-)

    Wow on the nest, and oh. Plastic.
    Reckon this is life. Evolution. To a picnic and flowers.

    One here makes a time-jump to Easter (it feels like a Spring-day here, too, 14C, sunny).
    Beautiful sunflower. I will g... try to grow some next year, too! Looking forward to pics of yours!

    To all the firsts, good and bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; thank you. I would have kept the broken face too. Bird nests are fascinating, they different styles made by different type of birds and the things they weave into them. I hope you manage to grow some sunflowers, they need warm sunny spots and no frost.

      Delete
  10. River, those daisies are beautiful. This is a wonderful selection of pictures. We have a piece of driftwood that we picked up on our honeymoon 53 years ago that we've carted through two countries and many, many moves. We still love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catalyst; I don't know exactly what type of daisies they are and R doesn'r remember either. You've had a piece of driftwood for 53 years? I like that.

      Delete
  11. I've never seen daisies like those yellow ones with the purple center. They look like they might be a type of chrysanthemum, based on the leaves...? Anyway, they're really nice. And yes, the wall hanging is great, as is the flower pot with the mosaic cat on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; I dn't think chrysanthemum, possibly a cineraria. I just call everything daisies if I am not sure. I like everything In C and R's gardens.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing all of your photos, River. Everything looks great especially seeing those twins enjoying their lollipops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Shife; thank you. I imagine the twins would be quite sticky by the time they arrived home.

      Delete
  13. The displays are lovely and it does look like you are going to get a very nice sunflower soon.

    Those sweet girls look like the lollies are helping tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; thank you, I hope I get a picture of the sunflower before the cockatoos rip the head off it when it blooms. I hope the lollipops helped.

      Delete
  14. What a lovely set of pictures. The twins are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMKT; thank you. The twins are such happy-natured little girls.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs