Sunday Selections #662

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

today you get to see my Dragons collection:

this first one is a pen/pencil holder and sits on the shelf behind my butterfly lamp, the pens currently in it have skeletal handles shaped like spines and thigh bones

I ordered this one on line and hoped it would be shiny like stained glass, it is a very thin metal

almost impossible to see when turned sideways 

three tiny trinket boxes which I just had to buy because I couldn't decide which colour to get.

most of the rest are up on the top shelf of the built in bookshelf, the books have been moved on in a culling several months ago, a move I now regret, but I needed the dragons where they wouldn't get knocked over and broken.

this big one has a 'flame' in a cave, operated by a usb cord which is missing and I haven't bothered to buy a new one

this little green one, also two-headed has an LED colour-changing geode.

watch it here if you have the time and if it plays.

this two-headed dragon used to sit on a low chest of drawers and got knocked off one day, it broke of course, so I fixed it as best I could but it still has a few tiny pieces missing and they can't be found

one of two matching bookends, these are quite heavy.

the blue plush baby dragon was intended for my great grandson, but the name I'd had printed on his tummy had a spelling mistake, so I kept him for myself and sent a new one to the baby.

he has the cutest little iridescent green baby wings

the girls love tipping my trolley and spinning the wheels, this is Genevieve

Anastasia reaching for the camera.

Ana, not sure if she wants to eat lunch or fall asleep.

Gen, I'm eating lunch! (dim sims)




Comments

  1. Dragons are fascinating, like unicorns, both unobtainable. I like your collection, especially the light-changing one - quite mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I like the light changing one too, but it bothered my cat Angel so I rarely turned it on. I should take out the battery before it corrodes.

      Delete
  2. Quite a collection of dragons! The video played for me -- I like the color changes. My favorite is the blue stuffed one, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; he is a cutie. I'm glad the video played.

      Delete
  3. Take a nap Ana, you won't have time years from now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; she did take a nap right after that photo, a bottle of milk and into bed, they both slept for a couple of hours.

      Delete
  4. My favorites of your dragons are the pencil holder, and the trinket boxes. The girls might be playing at "fixing" your unbroken trolley. I used to do that with my bicycle, turn it over and spin the tires. Which makes me extremely backward, or the girls extremely advanced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I like the pencil holder and the bookends best. I think the girls are just fascinated by the spinning, and being able to make the wheels spin.

      Delete
  5. I love your dragon collection. All of them. And the twins are of course gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; thank you, I forgot to include my concrete doorstop dragon, but you've seen him before. The twins get more gorgeous every time I see them.

      Delete
  6. I only have one dragon here...and it's more than enough....it's me!

    The girls are growing so rapidly...it's a joy to see their progress.

    I hope the week ahead treats you well, River. Take care...my cuddles to lovely Lady Lola when she wakes up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; ha ha. I am a Dragon too, born in the Year of the Dragon. The girls are growing out of so many clothes lately! Lola had plenty of cuddles last night and as we slept she drooled on my hand which is now on fire with tiny hives.

      Delete
  7. There'd be dragons, a line from some show I heard. It's a great little collection. I really can't tell the girls apart. Can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I wish I could remember where that line came from. Sometimes I can tell the girls apart and sometimes I get it wrong.

      Delete
  8. The dragon with the geode belly is mesmerizing! Like the twins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; it is mesmerising, but I rarely turn it on now. I could watch the girls all day, they toddle around jabbering to each other in baby talk.

      Delete
  9. You have a beautiful collection.

    Sometimes I have a hard time deciding between food and sleep, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; thank you, I rescued you from spam.

      Delete
  10. Very nice pencil holder! The metal one looks great, too.
    LOL, so with you with simply buying all three.
    The raven on the skull has also broken LEDs. Aw, well, seems to happen, huh?
    The green one´s is really beautiful.
    Yupp, keep the handicapped...
    Yes, eat or sleep, sometimes I´m not sure, either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; the pencil holder is the oldest I think, and the blue baby one is the newest. I have a Lion in the same coloured metal design as the dragon, sometimes I need to eat even when really tired otherwise I can't sleep properly.

      Delete
  11. Not sure which dragon is the best. But the twin are sure growing.
    I also took part in Sunday selection.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; I like all of my dragons. The twins are almost 18 months now.

      Delete
  12. Cute twins.
    I love your trinket boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; thank you, I love them too and the twins of course :)

      Delete
  13. Dragons are wonderful, and it''s hard to choose a favourite, but I like the trio on the boxes best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; the little baby dragons on the trinket boxes are very cute.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs