Sunday Selections #674

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Elephant's Child is taking a break this month.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Starting with a few more of the sculptures at the beach:

this is one of the older ones from previous years, I like it.

this one is titled "Hands Up"

a shiny stainless steel face, many people passing declared it creepy, and I didn't like it much either, though it is well made.

another shiny steel one, I would love to be this flexible, how about you?

four separate pieces, when viewed from either end

they become two people

little girl facing the ocean

with a basket of flowers

and "water" pouring from her watering can. I like this and would love to have it in my garden. 

horse? donkey? it needs a good feed I think, whatever it is. 

I like this musician.

.

surf rescue was there on the sand just in case someone needed help

they have a kayak tied on to the wagon which holds all the supplies and I believe the tent folds onto it as well.

Back at home:

Genevieve loves to swing

while Anastasia prefers climbing up instead of sliding down. She's been a climber since she first found her feet!

they love trying on Daddy's hats

and caps

they have new shoes


and boy do they love them!



Comments

  1. I like all the sculptures apart from the face. The very supple figure is beautiful and the little girl with the watering can is super. The little girls are really enjoying their new shoes - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I didn't like the face because it was huge, a smaller one might have been nicer. i miss being supple, though I'm not as stiff as some of my neighbours. I love the girls enjoying their shoes.

      Delete
  2. What a cutie!
    The art is amazing. People are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn Jilks; thank you, she is a cutie, they both are. I enjoy seeing others creativity and used to wish I could do the same, but I'm happy now with what I am able to do.

      Delete
  3. I like the people in pieces, but not the face. Those shoes (and the girls in them) make the world a happier place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; the people in pieces confused me until I moved to a side and saw the bodies. The face is impressively done, but I didn't like it. The girls are loving their flashing shoes.

      Delete
  4. Beach art is a wonderful thing. The coast seems to bring out creativity, wherever it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catalyst; an excellent reason for living on or near the beach in my opinion.

      Delete
  5. I like the sculptures. I don't find the face particularly creepy. I wonder how long it took the sculptor to come up with the name, 'Hands Up'. The trick to the eyes with the four becoming two must be interesting in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I liked most of the sculptures, but the face seemed creepy because of the size, about 60cm, I think I think and the fact it appears to be coming through the wall. The "four becoming two" confised me at first because I looked at it from the front and just saw the four pieces, then I moved to one side and saw them as two people.

      Delete
  6. The girls, as always, bring so much joy. :)

    I've a great deal of respect for surf lifesavers...my late brother, Graham was a lifesaver with the Noosa Heads Surf Lifesaving Club back in the early 60s.

    I hope the come week treats you well, River. My cuddles to lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I get to see the girls again tomorrow :)
      I have great respect for the surf life savers too, and the flying doctors. My brother works in remote areas and I know they will be there for him if he ever has the need. Lola is not feeling very cuddly this week, it's just too hot for snuggling.

      Delete
  7. I played little happy feet several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joane; I did too! I have it on my phone and watch it at least five times a day.

      Delete
  8. Four separate pieces of statue, when viewed from the end, become two people. How clever is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hels; they are offset so you have to view from either end to see a whole person. I agree it is very clever.

      Delete
  9. Love the lights on the shoes, and I bet they love them.
    Those sculptures are looking good and interesting, something different to look at at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; they do love the shoes. I liked most of the sculptures.

      Delete
  10. The face and the flexible person look like they may be by the same artist? I think the two people composed of four pieces is quite clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; I did take photos of the notes beside each one so I could check to see if they are by the same artist. I think the four pieces/two people is really clever.

      Delete
    2. Steve; I just checked and they are both by Claude Portelli.

      Delete
  11. I like the girl facing the ocean best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could certainly get lost in the artwork.

    The girls are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; there were a few pieces I could keep looking at. The girls are growing fast now. Almost half my height! (I am short)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Dora; they are very cute and S bought more in the next size up too.

      Delete
  14. What a mixed bag of sculptures. At least they invoke reactions good and bad I suppose. The musician is lovely, I'm a big fan of understatement. And your girlies are so wonderful in their personalities. what joy they bring!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just the other day read a theory that explained the we were put off by things trying to trick us into believing that they are real, and then are not. Robots and such. That mask might fall into this category.
    I like the girl with the water can - and the water can itself - best. That flexible one is nice until you enlarge it and see all the angles (theory again?). But yes, I'd like to once again be that flexible.
    Also the 'open fire' (first one) and the musician are good. whereas I do not care much for the hands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs