Sunday Selections #675

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

*Elephant's Child is taking a break this month.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Beginning today with a few more of the sculptures:

mother and baby dolphin

giant carved wood snail

I don't remember what this represented, it has gears and chains and a temperature guage I think, let me just look this up:

 labelled "Hippocampus" by Adrian Beacham: 

Category: Environmental awareness

"the Seahorse Hippocampus numbers have been in a constant decline mostly due to human influence. They are often plucked from their surroundings for aquariums or for use in alternative medicine. This hippocampus is a tribute to the humble seahorse."

this colourful wheel is on the lawns surrounding the children's playground area.

one of many variations on the sphere

colourful and spinning in the breeze, also on the lawned area by the playground.

rustic roses, the white background is a long tent with more exhibits inside, I didn't go in, "no-one" tried but declared it too warm inside

this is the one sculpture where I forgot to take a photo of the label, so I don't know the artist or the composition or what it represents, but I like it a lot.

gears? cogs? nuts and bolts too

bits of hose. Another one I would like to have in my garden.

back at home there is progress on the painting of the pair of Gnomes:

I dithered over what colour to do their (fur) boots

Brown for Mr. Gnome and a copper/tan mix for Mrs Gnome, to almost match her copper hair and I put copper touches on his pipe too. I still have to paint his beard and moustache and the seat they are on.

on my hot tiny front porch this pot of greenery is doing well still with just a few browned spots of sunburn

down in the garden much of my "donkey tails" has died off from lack of watering ("they" have raised the cost of water again!)

another donkey tail in a different section that gets more shade is doing better, but I should take cuttings and make new plants before they die altogether

the monsteras are doing well, they seem to be getting the right amount of sun and shade


Way across town:

Ana manages the tramopline on her own, though Dad J is always there supervising

Gen is being a "cool kid" in her sunglasses, just look how long her hair is now!



Comments

  1. I like the seahorse sculptures - people are so clever.
    Mr and Mrs Gnome are looking much happier in their new clothes.
    While you're struggling with heat and dryness, we are inundated regularly and the ground is so soggy.
    It's lovely to see little children growing more independent but they seem to grow up so quickly. Maybe they always did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I like the seahorse and really admire all the talent that made all the sculptures. Mr Gnome now has a white beard but needs a second coat on it, then I have to shop for the right colour for their seat. Little children always grow up too fast.

      Delete
  2. "gears? cogs? nuts and bolts too" Looks like something from an old big clock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; it would have to be a really big clock I think, maybe an older Town Hall clock that got replaced or something similar, perhaps a Railway clock.

      Delete
  3. so many cool photos, inspiring! Hippocampus is exactly right- it does look very like a sea horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; a seahorse is what it is meant to be, just in metal, I like it a lot.

      Delete
  4. I love the wooden snail and the sphere. The girls are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I like the snail, but wouldn't choose it for my garden. The girls will soon be two years old.

      Delete
  5. Hippocampus is great and others are good too.
    Gnomes appear to have tradie tan boots before you painted them.
    It looks like Gen is wanting to run to grandma for a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; Hippocampus is among my favourites. Their boots have wrinkles thta indicate fur such as they would wear in cold snowy countries, perhaps bearskin or similar. Gen was walking to "no-one" that day, I wasn't there.

      Delete
  6. HA!!!! Blogger is nice today and let's me comment!
    As you can guess I flipped through the sculptures as I want no spoilers. But I look forward to see Mr/Mrs Gnome finished! And the heat. Love it.
    I really asked the staff on the train to put on more temps - and they did!
    Many were wearing long clothes as it was too cold! Remember this when you take the journey - they really listen to you!
    The twins grow up sooooo quick!
    And yes, we're back in Perth!
    It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I am glad the train people were so nice to raise the temperature for you. I'll remember for when I eventually make that trip, many years from now I think.

      Delete
  7. I have never seen dolphin or a whale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; I have seen dolphins here in the sea, but not whales. There is a place along the coast where whales can be seen once or twice a year, but it is too far away from where I live. There is a viewing stand built on the clifftop there.

      Delete
  8. Each sculpture very different and interesting to see R.
    The monstera is looking healthy, I bought one just after Christmas for inside, so far so good.
    The little ones are looking good - it is amazing how fast they grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; there were several variations on the sphere, but each was different so worth looking at. I have three monsteras in the garden, can't have anything inside the house because of my allergies, all of them have new leaves ready to unfurl. The girls are growing up too fast. Only three years now until they go to school, and it seems like just last week they were so tiny in their double hospital crib.

      Delete
  9. The sculptures are wonderful, I'm so glad you are sharing them with us.

    You've turned the gnomes into a one-of-a-kind artwork, quite lovely.

    I hope the girls and their parents are feeling better. They certainly look happy enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; the gnomes are a one-of-a-kind now, I chose colours that aren't usually seen on gnomes clothes.
      The girls and their mum are recovering, Dad too but more slowly for him.

      Delete
  10. Lovely sculptures. I have a soft spot for seahorses and for thing made from old gears, cogs nuts and bolts - love them! The giant snail looks soft to touch, I'd like one like that in my garden. The colouful ones are very different, but also nice, and the dolphins - I have met live ones.
    Pretty flowers, and nice gnomes too. In short, you saved the best part for today.
    he twins are as usual adorable, and so fast growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I also love things made from old gears etc it's a great way to recycle and get something worth looking at. I have seen live dolphins but not close enough, only from boats and bridges. The gnomes are almost finished, then I have to find a place to put them. The twins have recovered from covid now and the parents too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs