dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?
This article in yesterday's paper caught my eye. Looks like mould to me. But. Forget the sensational headline for a minute and focus on the can. Notice how it's a little blackened around the bottom rim? I'm not sure it shows, but it looks like the can has been standing in wet conditions, the wrapper looks a little wrinkled too at top and bottom. Was it like this when it was bought? If yes, why buy it? If no, then how was it stored in the home environment? Use by date. Usually irrelevant, unless the can has been opened. We all know that once a can is opened the contents need to be used immediately, especially baby foods. She mentions somewhere in the story that the contents appeared "a bit runny". This happens when food is given to the baby directly from the can, (or jar) with saliva from the baby's mouth being transferred to the contents, which then begins to break down the molecular structure of the canned food. This isn't immedia...




I haven't thought of that comic strip in YEARS! I see these are all older strips, judging by the copyright dates. I wonder if it's still being drawn?
ReplyDeleteSteve Reed; I hadn't thought about the copyright dates, hope I haven't broken the law here. I don't think these are being drawn anymore, I searched years ago for a certain strip and these were all I could find.
DeleteWe sure do need to laugh...
ReplyDeleteJenn Jilks; we certainly do need to, I hope these helped a little bit.
DeleteI've never seen Frank and Ernest before - thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeletejabblog; Frank and Ernest is very old and I believe no longer being produced. I found these online several years ago.
DeleteThey were all great! But my fave is St Peter at the Golden Gates!
ReplyDeleteDebra She Who Seeks; that is a funny one, I guess clothes and shoes don't count as worldly goods.
DeleteWe get the daily Frank and Ernest strip here, but not the Sunday. Those are funny!
ReplyDeletemessymimi; you still get them?? I would love to see more if you could post a few now and again.
DeleteThanks! We sure need to laugh!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte; laughing is so good for both body and soul.
DeleteValeu! Precisamos de verdade rir! beijos, chica
ReplyDeletechica; I fear too many in the world today have forgotten how to laugh.
DeleteLaughter is very good medicine! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteLinda's Relaxing Lair; laughter is the very best medicine.
DeleteIt's good to laugh ... thank you.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Lowcarb team member; it is good to laugh and we need more laughter these days.
DeleteCute little Frank and Ernest, bring me laughter.
ReplyDeleteTerra; I'm glad I could make people laugh here today.
DeleteThat did come to a funny conclusion.
ReplyDeleteAndrew; after all the doom and gloom from the upper hemisphere I thought we could use some smiles
DeleteNever heard of Frank and Ernest but I enjoyed, the others are good too. Thanks R.
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; those are all Frank and Ernest, the coloured ones are from Sunday papers.
DeleteOh, my, LOL. Am I glad we make no pressies for Xmas! Or Birthdays, just inbetween but yes. In a week you´ll find stollen and that in the supermarkets again!
ReplyDeleteIris; I don't think we will have stollen just yet, we have halloween stuff coming into the shops now.
DeleteLots to say in such a delightful way! So funny. We enjoy Frank and Ernest everyday.
ReplyDeleteSusan Kane; do you still get Frank and Ernest? We used to get them in the papers but haven't had comic pages in years now. Perhaps we are "not worthy" (*~*)
DeleteWhen my husband was nine years old, his father was editor of the local newspaper. His father let him pick out comics for the new comic page, and the first one he picked out was Frankie and Ernest
ReplyDeleteRuby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; that's wonderful,he must have felt so proud.
Delete