Sunday Selections #805

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


one more stobie pole with wattle flowers

and one with something yellow..

advertising the Fullarton Market, which is a Farmer's Market/Community Market, held on the third Saturday of each month, though I think it gets cancelled when there is heavy rain. I have been a few times, though not lately, it is more interesting if one visits less often.

a very frilly hibiscus


early morning sun highlighting the security screen on my window


a closer view has it almost looking "quilted" if you look from the left or the right, or if you lean back.

pink hyacinth taken just last week through the fence railing, I didn't think they would be blooming yet, it's a bit early for them? Usually daffodils come first.

the skies looked a little like rain on my way to the shop, but there was a bit of blue sky

and much more blue as I got closer to the shopping centre


but then the dark grey came back and I got rained on while walking home


this is the front garden view from my front porch, 2026, you can see how overgrown and tangled it all is,

compared to this image which I showed a few weeks back, taken shortly after I moved in here (2011), it must have been winter because the rose bush behind the poles is leafless.



Comments

  1. I like all those cheerily painted stobie poles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks; I do too and wish more suburbs had them.

      Delete
  2. Those poles are so beautiful. Here still Saturday night. Cloudy as well, and cold, 18C, brrrr....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; we have 19C today and it seems warm after last weeks 16-17C and the wind is no longer icy cold.Spring is definitely on the way.

      Delete
    2. Yupp, coldest August since... ever. Autumn on the way. Have the lights on (on the blog) for you. Very needed already.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Linda's Relaxing Lair; they are lovely and I wish more of our suburbs had them.

      Delete
  4. Gostei muito dos postes e flores e dos céus que sempre me encantam! beijos, lindo domingo, chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica; thank you, we like the poles too. Our skies are almost always blue.

      Delete
  5. Stobie poles seem basically indestructible, so the beauty is an added pleasure. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hels; they are indestructible unless hit by a very heavy vehicle going at speed. Even then they only get bent.

      Delete
  6. The screen door photos made me think of a mattress.
    We've just had our annual daffodil charity fundraiser in the city, so I guess they are blooming. I should drive past a patch today, so I will see.
    I think your garden view looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; a mattress, of course, I should have seen that but my mind goes to quilts more often. I think we should have more daffodils here by now but there are other things blooming or seeding that keep me inside because of the pollens. The garden view is green at least and soon there will be roses too as well as the rosemary. Somewhere in that tangled mess is a scented geranium too, the leaves smell like lemons when slightly crushed.

      Delete
  7. The screen does look quilted.

    I enjoyed your selections. Nature takes over fast when an area ceases to be maintained for even a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I like that effect on my window. Nature does take over fast which will be a good thing when humans are gone and no longer ruining the planet. Nature will get a fresh start.

      Delete
  8. Your window screen pictures remind me of a honeycomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; it does! I hadn't thought of honeycomb.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful Sunday photo picks!!
    I would love to visit the market advertised by those lovely signs!!
    Have a beautiful Sunday, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katerina's Blog; thank you. I haven't visited that market for a couple of years. I will go again this summer and see if there is anything new.

      Delete
  10. Gosh the garden has grown somewhat over the years since you moved in.
    Gorgeous hibiscus can't recall seeing a frilly one like that.
    The hyacinths are nice, I used to grown one or two in a glass container inside once.
    The poles are pretty too... nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; it's been 15 years and 12 days since I moved in. During the first few years I did get out there and try to keep things trimmed, but each winter as I stayed inside it grew more than I could handle, then there were the covid years when everybody stayed inside and now it is just one big jungle. I remember growing hyacinths one year and the scent was far too strong for my allergies, so I pulled them out and never grew them again.

      Delete
  11. The pink hibiscus is so pretty and I love the quilted effect of your window screen.
    Farmers' markets always sound more interesting than they ever turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I love looking at all the different types of flowers, mother nature is so inventive. I find Farmer's Markets far more interesting when I only go a few times a year.

      Delete
  12. I do like the painted stobie poles and that frilly hibiscus looks beautiful, it's such a wonderful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcarb team member; I remember seeing only the single hibiscus when I was young, now there are so many more varieties and colours.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?

Sunday Selections # 790

Welcome to 2026