Words for Wednesday

 Three times I have tried to schedule this on the new laptop and it just won't. I haven't managed to get it properly set up, the date and time are wrong and won't change no matter how many times I try, the language is set to UK English instead of Australian English and won't change. And I am unable to add links, pictures or underlining. 😒

So here I am on the old laptop, with all fingers crossed 🤞🤞



The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by messymimi and can be found on her blog as well as here on mine

This week's words/prompts are:

1.well  2.understanding  3.challenge  4.person  5,genuine  6.suffering

and/or:

1.faith  2.ambition  3.chance  4.hard  5.design  6.closet

use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.

Charlotte's colour of the month is Steel Blue as seen above the text here

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 7th


Comments

  1. Boas palavras e que bom conseguiste ,mesmo com mais trabalho, postar!
    beijos, tudo de bom,chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica; thank you, I like to keep "my people" happy

      Delete
  2. My story will be in the usual place. If you can’t get over there to comment, or even read, please do not stress about it. This will get sorted eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; things seem to be going well as far as reading and commenting go, so I will come over to read your story when it is ready. Adding a new post is also okay, but scheduling is where I am having trouble, but maybe things are sorted there by now.

      Delete
  3. How frustrating this must be for you! Is there tech support available from wherever you bought the computer and software?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks; tech support comes from genius daughter "no-one", software was already installed as it always is these days. I'm using the new laptop right now and things seems to have sorted themselves out.

      Delete
  4. If you haven't thrown the computer or at least the keyboard your a better person than me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; thank you, I'm not a throw-it-at-the-wall type of person, but I have stuffed my face with far too many snacks while trying to work things out.
      All seems to be well now, except for pictures and music which I still have to load. Blogger is behaving too.

      Delete
  5. Good words, R. Look forward to your story on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; these are messymimi's words this month. I just now scheduled my Friday story AND did it on the new laptop.

      Delete
  6. Hope the drama is sorted out soon with the laptops, frustrating it sounds!
    Here is my dumb story, sadly real:

    "Well"... this morning I wanted to recycle glass, "well", I did. An aggressive wasp was at the container so I went to the next and then...
    Genuine I have no understanding for the person who dropped the white glass-"shoe" in front.
    I could not see it and fell into it and it broke. There I sat, suffering and wondering how to get up - really it was a challenge - but I managed without help.
    I have faith it will heal without surgery - it´s bleeding since over two hours. Not a chance I leave the house now as I wait for Ingo´s parcel, it´s hard to decide.
    My leg sure will be steel blue (and red) for a while, yippee for miniskirt-wearing. Maybe the pharmacy I´ll call soon has a nice design to cover it up.
    Ack!!!! What is with people?! The glass-shoe didn´t fit in - throw it in a rubbish bin then! If I got that person it would be suffering, too!

    I hope your story is funny. I feel dumb (I really had no chance to see that, but I learned my lesson!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awful, I hope it is healing up by now.

      Delete
    2. Iris; this is terrible and I hope you heal quickly with no infection.

      Delete
    3. Ouch. bleeding for over 2 hours is never a good sign.

      Delete
    4. So far I´m "lucky", it just really hurts.

      Delete
  7. One of my favorite memes to come across while hitting the blogosphere. =)

    I thought I was well on my way to understanding the challenge each person faced, but the obstacle course led only to genuine suffering.

    Sending cheese for when technology give you trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal Collier; cheese is good, thank you. Most things are good now, just have to work out saving my music and pictures. I like your use of the words.

      Delete

  8. Well, you must accept the challenge that gets tossed at a person who is suffering from genuine pain and lack of faith. Then you might realize the hard life he has had.

    You see, Darius had had a chance to great success, with talent and ambition that was his. Gifted beyond understanding, Darius was locked up in his own closet of indecision. Then one day, he broke free of that curse and leaped into the steel blue sea. The curse? He couldn’t love anything or anyone , not even himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane; poor Darius, unable to love must be hard. I don't think I would like such a challenge as one who has genuine pain and suffering, but I hope I would/could handle it.

      Delete
  9. "We all know too well that proper understanding is frequently a challenge to any person experiencing genuine suffering," said the TV evangelist, Elsie River. "Frequently faith is a mere ambition, a chance to make hard choices according to God's holy design!"

    The audience applauded wildly as Ms River left the stage of The Adelaide Festival Theatre.

    Later, in her hotel room, she delved into her closet and retrieved her slinky steel blue evening gown - the one she had bought at Bec and Bridge. After all, who needed God when you had a hot date with the crypto-currency king - Sean Jeating? Her heart was all a-flutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; nice use of the words, thank you.

      Delete
  10. Aquí vos deixo el meu:

    L'armari feia anys que no s'obria. Entre la roba oblidada hi havia una camisa de color blau acer com si algú l'hagués deixada allà només un moment abans de marxar... em quedava bé... En posar-me-la, vaig trobar un full doblegat amb un disseny geomètric i una frase breu que deia, "Cada persona tria el seu repte." No sabia qui l'havia escrit...
    No era ambició el que m'empenyia a voler saber qui havia deixat aquelles coses, sinó com un acte de fe creure que aquell armari encara amagava una oportunitat per entendre una altra persona. El recorregut va ser més dur del que havia imaginat i va despertar un patiment que creia enterrat. Tot i així, hi havia alguna cosa genuïna en aquell viatge.
    Vaig acabar asseguda davant del mar, amb el paper entre les mans, buscant una mica de comprensió en unes línies que, de sobte, semblaven haver canviat sense que ningú les hagués tocat.
    Quan vaig tornar al pis, el propietari em va mirar amb una estranyesa que jo no entenia.
    —Ja ho recordes?
    —Recordar què?
    —Aquest armari ja era teu... fa molt de temps...

    Gràcies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula; thank you, I like this, a magical memory closet 😊

      Delete
  11. The prompts but they seemed easy but nothing from me this time but maybe this week. But thanks messymimi for providing them.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?