Words for Wednesday

 

Charlotte's colour of the month is Steel Blue.

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer problems. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know in comments so that we can come over and read, and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by messymimi and can be found on her blog as well as here on mine

This weeks words/prompts are:

1.plastic  2.remain  3.tooth  4.wisecrack  5.distant  6.enjoy

and/or:

1. heads up

2. not all it's cracked up to be (failing to be as good as other people claimed)

3. playing possum (pretending to be dead)

use either list or both, mix and match, just have fun.

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 14th

Comments

  1. Gostei das palavras e na certa boas histórias virão!
    beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica; they are interesting words, thank you.

      Delete
  2. My story will be in the usual place. Thank you for herding the cats and keeping the words going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; you're welcome. I hope to continue next year but have been more tired this winter, mostly from worry I think.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; I usually do enjoy, once I get started.

      Delete
  4. "Heads up!! My steel blue left leg feels like plastic but - as advised by our host - I remain in motion, even if I look from the distance like an ole wisecrack. It could´ve been worse, so I enjoy I don´t have to be put to playing possum!"

    Looking very much forward to yours on Friday and yes, my leg and foot really are a bit better, and the back, aw, well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; Well done! and yes, keep moving, but gently, to keep circulation going and stop muscles getting stiff. The back will take time. I remember when I sprained mine in 1986.

      Delete
  5. Looks forward to reading your story R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; already written and scheduled.

      Delete
  6. I come from a small rural town and have visited many small towns.

    Life lived in a friendly rural town was not all that it’s cracked up to be. Oh sure. It was filled with smiling faces, friendly faces that tourists from distant places would enjoy in the atmosphere and consider remaining. But after they left, the locals would laugh and the town wisecrackers would ridicule those plastic personalities. Life would return to the misery where life was fought in tooth and nail, Yup, life was one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane; an interesting use of the words and shows how different people can be when they are not "on show" for visitors.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Linda's Relaxing Lair; it is, just like a summer sky.

      Delete
  8. Do I leave my link here or on messymimi's blog? I'll leave it here. And you can tell what I should do for the next one.

    My take on the prompts: Fiction: Next Stop: Oblivion, Indiana

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lissa; here is fine but messymimi is providing the words this month, so you can leave it there too for more readers to find you.

      Delete
  9. Aquí teniu el meu:

    Ahir al matí, un maletí blau acer aparegué al pati del col·legi. A dins hi havia un tros de plàstic, una fotografia de gent pujant a un tren molt antic i una dent. Al principi, els alumnes pensaren que era una broma, però una nota advertia: "Avís previ: no obriu el maletí".

    Durant el pati, alguns estudiants veieren un home distant que observava l'escena des de fora del centre. Quan s'hi acostaren, l'home marxà corrents. Un alumne decidí fingir i es féu el mort per veure què passava... Finalment, van descobrir que l'home era el conserge. En aquell moment només els hi digué: "El maletí no és tot el que es diu que és".

    Les preguntes encara romanen sense resposta i ningú sap d'on sortí la dent i per a què servia el plàstic... mentre el conserge gaudia veient tot l'enrenou...

    Moltes gràcies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?