Sunday Selections #224



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
  Andrew often joins in too.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week, again, a few more pictures of Nellie's Garden and the Mitcham Railway Station area.

to get to the other side of the tracks, if you are heading into the city, you can walk from the platform down these steps,

and walk down into the tunnel which goes under the tracks,

or you can enter the tunnel via this ramp. 

here you can see the lights in the tunnel and at the end on either side is another set of steps leading up to platform 2, from suburbia to the city.

right next to the ramp entrance is this pretty little garden bed. In the background, on the left, is the corner of the Station Building. Not much is blooming as summer is over,

but this rose was still putting on a good show.

these old concrete steps leading up to an entrance door, are on the side of the Nellie's Garden building, the one with the murals on each wall.

under the steps is this wonderful little hidey-hole area, great for kids to play in,  perhaps to hide, then jump out and say "Boo!"

here are the tracks heading off towards the city.

if you continue walking past the station, past the tunnel ramp, you'll come to this trail which I haven't explored yet as by this time I had only ten minutes left before my movie would begin, so I left Nellie's Garden and walked back to the cinema.











Comments

  1. Those steps, and the ramp, look steep. Or perhaps that is my wobbly self's fears coming out.
    They also look clean.
    Here they would be ankle deep in leaves and litter.
    Love the murals and the late blooming rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not walked through a railway tunnel such as that one in many, many years. Now you've got me trying to remember when the last time was!! :)

    As Elephant Child pointed out...the area does look well-maintained, which is a good thing to see.

    I hope the coming week treats you kindly, River. Cuddles to the big fella...aka Angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With two exceptions, your photos all seem perfectly focused. The rose is really good. Subways under train lines are being filled in here, forcing people to use controlled crossing over tracks and they must watch their train go through and miss instead of being able to run for the train. It's been great to learn about and see Nellie's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of our railway crossings are overhear bridges now in the rains lately the underground ones were flooded and the stations closed.
    I like the gardens but I always like gardens.
    The overhead walkways have lifts which is good no stairs.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is all so interesting. I doubt there is anything like that in Perth. They have made the whole into a delightful place.
    That rose is a beautiful colour and looks so lovely against the green background.
    Your photograph certainly is first class.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elephant's Child; autumn wasn't yet advanced enough for leaf litter, plus I think they are cleaned often, there is a group who maintains the station and gardens. The stairs are a little steep, the ramp is more gentle.

    Lee; the station and grounds are well cared for which is pleasing to see. the coming week has to be better than yesterday. I awoke in a bad mood which thankfully didn't last too long. I'm grumpy trying not to eat so much. Angel is sympathetic, rubbing around my ankles.

    Andrew; which exceptions please? I'd like to know so I can be more careful. this is the camera without the anti-shake feature, plus it was spitting rain off and on.
    It's a shame those subways are being filled in, it's the sort of thing kids love to use. Probably the concern is drug sales under the tracks at night.

    Merle; I remember overhead bridges from when I lived in Port Pirie. My friend Elaine lived on the other side of the tracks and sometimes we'd climb the steps like good kids to cross the tracks and sometimes we'd scoot across the lines at road level.

    Mimsie; thank you, I like that rose photo a lot too. I may frame it and send it to my sister for Christmas. The station and Nellie's Garden have been very well looked after and I imagine will continue to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a nice area to walk through. Here it's mostly houses and sidewalk and more houses... nothing to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh Ms River your photos made Mitcham Station look really interesting and lovely. That cannot be right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. speaking of Kim of Frog Ponds Rock .. have you seen the wonderful Mud & Ink exhibition just opened?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs