Sunday Selections # 345

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.


Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.


If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


A mixed selection today, beginning with last night's dinner:

Last week I made a batch of chicken schnitzels and put them in the freezer for future meals. Yesterday I took one out to thaw,

and with the help of this sauce,

using this recipe, spring onions, capsicum, (bell pepper) and a handful of sliced green beans,

I made this yummy Lemon Chicken dinner.

here is Lola, all sleek and contented,

what a life, eh?

this is the wedge of Black Forest Cake my brother brought me for my birthday, it took me three days to eat it all.

this is my fake aquarium, notice anything odd about it?

down near the base, see those two thin white lines? They are a reflection of the plastic wire to my Christmas lights, in a small puddle of water.

and here is my poor fake fish, lying way down beside the sink. Miss Fancypants, aka Lola, has been fishing 😎 that cheeky girl.

a couple of my neighbours having a good chat, they were there for a good long while, already there as I crossed the road to my bus stop and still there after my bus arrived and took me to the city.

one of Adelaide's painted buses, you can faintly see the outline of the windows through the wrap-around, trying to see out from inside is quite hard.

one corner of our Victoria Square has been turned over to motorbike parking, this is just the front row,

here you get a better indication of just how many bikes are parked there. Heaven has wheels....😎

hard working buses getting a well-earned rest. It can't be easy being late to almost every stop almost every day (*~*)

here's a very unusual sight. Four in a row, working phones. No vandalism, no graffiti.

a little further down that same road, the city community garden chook house.

there is a cafe attached to the community garden and these three lucky black hens get plenty of greens from the garden that lies between their home and the cafe, where the garden produce is also used. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh, Lola, how could you? Ha Ha!
    Your chicken dinner looks quite good.
    Covered buses? Why?
    Wow, public telephones! I didn't think they made them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon; the dinner was yummy. Covered buses? Usually the wrap-around is advertising material; buy this, get that, travel here and so on. These public phones are quite old, there are several more throughout Adelaide, but nowhere else is there four in a row that all work.

      Delete
  2. Lola is so cheeky! LOL!

    Enjoyed seeing your selection of photographs
    Your buses and phones look very colourful ... but then when I think about it our UK buses are colourful too! I wonder does it make for a more cheerful journey? I'm not sure about that.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcarb team member; she is a bit on the cheeky side, it's showing more as we get used to each other, but she still has moments that make me wonder what her previous life was like.
      The colourful buses are fine from the outside, but it's not easy seeing out from the inside, so unless you know your route very well, it's easy to miss your stop.

      Delete
  3. Poor Lola is tired out after all her hard work fishing. (We had a cat who used to fish in the real tanks. And once she overbalanced and fell in.)
    Sigh on the bus advertisements. It is endemic here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; poor Lola? Hah! I've moved the fake aquarium now, it's way up high where she can't get to it. I worried that she might tip it off that small ledge and break it, then she would cut her feet and drip blood all through the rooms.
      If only the bus advertisements could be more see-through, I wouldn't mind them so much.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. joeh, the cake was delicious! Moist chocolate cake, proper sour cherries and real cream. Heaven on a fork.

      Delete
  5. What is a chook house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; a chook house is a chicken run, a wire enclosed area for chickens to feed, scratch and nest in. Large enough for them to run around and flap their wings too, but fully enclosed so they don't escape onto the road and get smooshed.

      Delete
  6. Lola must have really been disappointed in the fake fish. It has been years since I have seen a pay telephone. Wow--4?? Those chicken schnitzels really do look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I think she probably was disappointed, but I was out when she was fishing, so I'll never know. I make the best chicken schnitzels, just ask my entire family.

      Delete
  7. Lola has been a naughty girl.
    Four public phones in a row, that is amazing.
    They do our buses like that too only you can still see out of them.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle; I didn't punish her for it, there's no point and fishing is a natural thing for cats to do anyway.Four phones in a row is pretty unusual. We can still see out of our buses, but not easily.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Joanne; it was a perfect day and today is better. I had a visit from my brother who has finally met up with my older son and pronounced the meeting a big success.

      Delete
  9. I love chicken schnitzels. And I love how Lola seems so settled in...she looks very contented, the dear little pet.

    I just took a bag full of goodies up to the chickens that I'm taking care of for the next few weeks. They're always happy to see me (the old bag carrying the bag for them)! :)

    Have yourself a great week, River...cuddles to lazy Lola! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; schnitzels are a big favourite in my family. My mum used to make them with pork fillets and that's where I learned, but I prefer chicken.
      "Your" chickens probably think you're their personal delivery system.

      Delete
  10. And they say men don't talk. Total advertising wrapping of our trams has just been banned. Four phone boxes so no queuing. Actually, no users. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone use one. Lola looks so peaceful and content and would never be naughty. The fish must have jumped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; men talk more than women I think, at least old men do, the retired ones who meet up and natter for hours, especially if they live alone so have no wife to chat with. Perhaps the fish was a bit adventurous....perhaps he was getting away from Lola's paw. We'll never know.

      Delete
  11. The only things from these pictures that I am familiar with are: CAT and CAKE. I've never seen a chicken schnitzel, nor a fake aquarium like that, nor wrapped buses, nor so many motorbikes, nor working phones, nor a community chicken run.

    Probably the closest thing to your neighbors (who are very nice, I'm sure) are the weirdos who come up to me in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; you've never seen a chicken schnitzel??? you poor deprived child :(
      It's just a thin fillet of chicken, usually breast meat, dipped in flour, egg, breadcrumbs, refrigerated for a while, then fried in a 50-50 mix of real butter and olive oil until golden brown. I still have some in my freezer if you want to pop over :)

      Delete
  12. And Lola looks so pretty and innocent:-) Don't you wonder what those people were talking about for such a long time? I could use one of those motorcycles save gas to get back and forth to our little town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie; I do wonder what people talk about for so long. I can negotiate small talk for about a minute and a half and then I'm stumped for things to say.
      I miss my motorbike. I had it way back in the 70's when gas was much cheaper and it ran for a fortnight on about 50 cents worth.

      Delete
  13. Oh how Lola has fit right in, now if she could only figure a way to hide the evidence haha.

    Your chicken schnitzel does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Working public pay phones? Wow! I feel like I'm in the 1980s again or something!

    The bus looks very interesting but what an all-around bad idea. Imagine if you're the sort that gets sick when travelling - this cannot help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs