BIG WOW! My late Dad would speed right over to get to learn about that camera ;-) He had celestrons and all and loooved to watch the sky, the moon, the stars, the sun. I was still a kid, but he invited Ingo over all the time, LOL.
Iris Flavia; I've tried to get decent photos of the moon for years, without success. I think because I can't see the horizon from my place, so when I see the moon it is too high up in the sky.
That shot is beautiful. Well done. My Cannon has a 50x zoom and I have a five or ten year old picture I took. Now, the camera is too heavy for me to hold steady. I do have a tripod...
Joanne; I have ordered the same camera and I'll see how it handles, but I think I may have to get a tripod also, because my hands get a teeny bit shaky when I'm trying to hold a focus.
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
BIG WOW! My late Dad would speed right over to get to learn about that camera ;-)
ReplyDeleteHe had celestrons and all and loooved to watch the sky, the moon, the stars, the sun. I was still a kid, but he invited Ingo over all the time, LOL.
Looking forward to more awesome pics!
Iris Flavia; I've tried to get decent photos of the moon for years, without success. I think because I can't see the horizon from my place, so when I see the moon it is too high up in the sky.
DeleteAs Iris said, wow. That is one serious camera.
ReplyDeleteAndrew; it is a Canon with 50x zoom.
DeleteWow. That is an excellent shot.
ReplyDeleteElephant's Child; isn't it just great? You almost feel you can touch it.
DeleteHoly moly, that puts us right on it. Great shot.
ReplyDeleteArkansas Patti; I wonder if we could see the moon landing site from your side of the world?
DeleteIncredible. OMG for a camera like that. Imagine what else it can do :)
ReplyDeleteXO
WWW
WWW; she has sent two more photos to my phone, the shots are so clear. I ordered the same camera right away.
DeleteOh, my!
ReplyDeletemessymimi; you almost feel you can walk there, right?
DeleteThat shot is beautiful. Well done. My Cannon has a 50x zoom and I have a five or ten year old picture I took. Now, the camera is too heavy for me to hold steady. I do have a tripod...
ReplyDeleteJoanne; I have ordered the same camera and I'll see how it handles, but I think I may have to get a tripod also, because my hands get a teeny bit shaky when I'm trying to hold a focus.
DeleteMy goodness! I wouldn't want to take a close-up of myself with that camera! I get a big enough fright now as it is, just looking in the mirror! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is incredible!