Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Sandi and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. I will forgive this 

2. Let me help 

3. Tomorrow you'll see 

4. How will I know it's you? 

5. You will 

and/or: 

1. Those chains will break 

2. Tell me 

3. It's a lie 

4. Tomorrow 

5. Again

also: a short video clip from the TV series Battlestar Galactica which I have not used.

Here is my story: total fiction, not a true story

He cracked his little whip so close the tip streaked across her bare toes, drawing blood. She flinched away as far as the chains allowed. “I will forgive this’” he said, pointing at the crumbs in the corner “if you tell me the truth.” “I can’t reach that far,” she whispered. “That’s a lie!” he bellowed. “It’s a lie,” he sneered again as he gripped her chin and forced her to face him. “Tell me why those crumbs are still there, your one job was to clean the floor today!” ‘Please,” she pleaded, “I can’t reach that far, the broom is too short.” He handed her the broom. “Prove it!” She stepped as far as the chains allowed and swiped with the broom. It did not reach the corner where the crumbs had rolled. He could not see the sparkling sink, the clean table, the tidy shelf, all he could see were the crumbs in the corner. Disgusted with what he saw as filth he lashed at her again and again with the short riding crop. A hundred or more tiny cuts appeared on her skin, most new, some old and half healed were reopened. He ordered her into the pine green tiled corner that served as a bathroom and threw salty water over her to wash away the blood. The sting made her scream and briefly, he smiled. “Tomorrow,” he said, I will bring a longer broom and you will try again. You WILL learn to keep a clean house!”

He stormed out and slammed the door, bolting it from the outside. She sank into the bloody puddle on the tiles and cried until no more tears came. There would be no food again tonight. She had failed again. Eight months now she had been chained to the beam running across the ceiling. Food was withheld every time she displeased him. She wondered again why he had kidnapped her. He claimed she was his daughter, yet there was no love such as a father might show. She looked down at her ruined body, scabbed and scarred, skin and bone, she could only imagine the awful tangle of her hair, he allowed no mirror, no comb, no clothes. She closed her eyes and hoped for sleep to come quickly.

Watching from high above, God called Peter to join him. “This can’t go on,” he said. “The man goes to church, he goes to confession, and still the chains and whippings continue. Send a message to Lucifer and prepare Mary for a new arrival. I will go down tonight and speak to the girl as she sleeps.” Peter left to do his bidding and God slipped over the golden railing of the Observation Deck. Reaching the locked room he simply floated through the door and appeared to the girl as in a dream. “Let me help you,” he said, “and those chains will break.” “How can you help me?” she asked. “This is just a dream.” “Look into my eyes,” God said. “I am God.” “How will I know it is really you if this is just a dream?” she said. “You will know,” said God, "if you accept my help. Tomorrow you will see a bright new life, in Heaven. Will you accept my help?” “Yes,” she whispered. God touched her gently and withdrew her soul, carrying her up through the clouds, leaving behind the poor broken body.

Having received the message, Lucifer grinned his most evil grin as he took over that empty body and waited for the man to arrive back at the room.


Comments

  1. A very good story again, if cruel.
    I remembered and wikied it, in Austria they had such a case for real: Josef Fritzl
    It´s a German link, here is the first ugly passage - I fail to understand how one can be so sick really - sadly the devil did not take him:
    "Josef Fritzl (* April 9, 1935 in Amstetten) is a legally convicted Austrian criminal who held his daughter captive in an underground apartment from 1984 to 2008. During this time, he abused and raped her many times and fathered a total of seven children with her.[1] He also held three of these children captive in the basement apartment from their birth until 2008."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I remember that story, it was in our newspapers.

      Delete
    2. Oh! So cruel and sick it made it overseas.
      That ... "man" might even feel honored.

      Delete
  2. I do hope that Lucifer shows that man the evil of his ways. And, that he too finds a new home. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I think Lucifer will take that man to the hell he belongs in.

      Delete
  3. It is a little known fact that back in the 1970's, River was a pretty successful pop singer. She had a string of minor hits - six in fact. As I recall they were, "I Will Forgive This" about a break up with one of her former lovers, "Let Me Help", "Tomorrow You'll See", "How Will I Know It's You?". "You Will" and "Those Chains Will Break" which was later recorded by Kylie Minogue.

    As a young music journalist I once went to interview River in her chic apartment in central Adelaide. "Tell me," I said. "Is it true that you have been having an affair with Bob Hawke?"

    "It's a lie!" she snapped, pointing out that Mr Hawke was old enough to be her father.

    "You do know that the story is coming out in The Advertiser tomorrow?" I asked.

    She paused and then yelled, "Not again!" before hurling herself onto the sofa and beating it with her fists.

    Pop singers can be very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding. Your stories are funny and atrocious. the jury is still out on more atrocious or more funny.

      Delete
    2. Charlotte's right, although i'm leaning toward funny.

      Delete
    3. Yorkshire Pudding; Bob Hawke??? oh dear god, no!!! Funny story though.

      Delete
  4. Good story. I like that you have more "books" to write chapters in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; thank you. I think I have five "books" that I can add chapters too, some of them untouched for years now.

      Delete
  5. Such inhumane treatment always boggles my mind. A very well-written story and i think Lucifer already had him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; it boggles my mind too. It's possible Lucifer had him, but not fully, until now.

      Delete
  6. What goes around comes around. That guy is about to get a taste of his own medicine. A dark story, but with evil getting its just desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; evil always gets its just desserts in my stories.

      Delete
  7. Oh my! This is dark but so good. If only retribution were so swift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; swift retribution would be a fine thing. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done! I have so many chores, snow shovelling for one, but I enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs