Sunday Selections # 643

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.


Going way back into the past, around 2009 I think,

this is a tiny shed built by he who must not be named from scrap materials scavenged off "hard rubbish" piles and about a million screws and a dozen tubes of glue

I took the photos before he painted it, a warm yellow with green trim on the window, those are stained glass window panels he found on one of the rubbish piles. Just a little place to sit out of the rain when he went outside to smoke. He even made a little garden.

Jumping ahead a few years, this is Angel a few days after I first brought him home, he's sitting in the lid of an egg carton

 trying to hide behind the pillows on my bed, he had golden eyes.

about a year later he was taking up a considerable amount of my table space

anyone who knows me knows that red is not my favourite colour, so I'm surprised at just how much of it I have here, these are just a few of the red things I have:

comfy red blankets, the folded one is huge and brought back from Germany by my brother who purchased it in the town I was born in

red beanie baby "Leo" a bear given as a birthday gift many years ago by that same brother

red peppers in my fridge, these are the ones I use on home made pizzas

red vegetable peeler, they come in other colours, but for some reason the red ones always work best and last longest

red drinking straw dispenser

the red caps we were required to wear at the checkout for Christmas, I decorated mine and so did a couple of the other girls with theirs.

one of my ceramic Christmas trees.

Moving on:

this is how I used to store my spare hats, I had three of these foam heads on top of a low bookshelf, the one to the left has my floppy straw hat which has since fallen apart after it blew off my head and got run over by a car. The heads now live in a plastic bag in the shed and most of the hats are in a drawer.

current day photos: this dragon is on a pole somewhere in the city, photo taken by "no-one" and sent to me

never-ending construction in the city

one of the fountains in Victoria Square

and the twins:

we're going for a walk!

we are at the shops, mum bought these yummy things called 'chips'





































Comments

  1. Angel - so pretty, and I like the beanie bear, too. What is it about teddy bears that makes them so cuddleable (if there's such a word.)
    It must be quite a workout pushing the twins now, but don't they look happy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; Angel was very pretty with long hair covering a fluffy undercoat, his tail hairs were 4 inches long! I don't know what it is about teddies, but I still cuddle mine, most of which are actually gorillas and chimpanzees. The twins are almost always happy and the pram is easy enough to push unless we're going uphill.

      Delete
  2. When the picture of the red peppers came up, it burned my eyes! 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; I don't believe you, they are sweet peppers, not hot ones.

      Delete
    2. Just the thought of peppers of any kind burns my eyes, even if they are the nicer relatives.

      Delete
    3. Mike; I can't eat any of the hot chillies for the same reason, but I can at least look at them.

      Delete
  3. A lovely selection and the twins (of course) look beautiful. And very, very happy.
    Red vegie peelers work best? That is new to me. Ours is metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I buy the peelers in packs of three, one red, one green, one yellow. The red always works best, yellow is okay and the green ones languish in a drawer. The twins love going in the pram and seeing other people.

      Delete
  4. Dear sweet Angel...how our hearts were broken.

    Take good care, River...may the coming week treat you kindly. Cuddles from me to the lovely Lady Lola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; our hearts were broken and never did completely mend, I still cry for him occasionally and sometimes mistakenly call Lola "Angel".

      Delete
  5. It is a nice reminder of Angel.
    The shed looks very good. It would make a nice cubby house.
    The red blanket is quite a memento to have from the town where you were born.
    I am not sure how babies would survive without chips nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I have many photos of Angel on my wall, yet none of Lola. I think the shed would have been a nice cubby house, but there were no small children around at that time.
      The red blanket is so thick and warm and huge, I don't use it often because I don't want it covered in cat hair, it's a little too big for my washing machine I think.
      The twins survived all this time without chips, those are the first they've had.

      Delete
  6. The shed looks like a nice garden nook.

    Angel was beautiful.

    Red's not my favorite, either, but those pieces are all lovely.

    It always makes me smile to see the twins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; it was a nice little shed, but in a previous home and it didn't come with me when I moved. My sister's favourite colour is red and maybe that's why I have so much of it here, I think about her often, she lives in a small town in the mid north of my state, I can only get there by bus and it's a five hour trip. Neither of us drives and she is mentally challenged so can't make the trip to visit me. The twins always make me smile too.

      Delete
  7. That is beautiful red blanket.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; thank you, it is very thick and very soft, I try to not get cat hair on it, so it doesn't get used much.

      Delete
  8. Angel is ever so sweet R. Good vegetable peelers those, always use one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; those are the only kind of peelers I have ever used. Angel was a sweetie, still sad that he is gone now.

      Delete
  9. He who must not be named did a great job! Oh, and Angel is very sweet.
    I had a big, red bear as co-driver in my red Polo.
    Red and green - looks like our kitchen!
    Love all the red and Christmas stuff. Cool way to store hats. Poor one that got caught by a car. I once lost mine on a ferries wheel...
    Construction, yes. Wonder what to find in Perth...
    The twins look cute, too. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; he did do a good job, it was very pretty once he had it all painted. My red bear is tiny and fits in my hand. The hat that was run over was my favorite straw hat, the new one doesn't fit so well. Perth probably has construction going on, most cities do.

      Delete
  10. I did not know you had Voldemort working for you, and I wuld never have guessed that he made such nice sheds ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; oh that's funny, thank you. it was a lovely little shed.

      Delete
  11. That is a nice shed, suitable for real estate along Hick's Shackytown Boulevard. Sweet Angel, such a cutie. You still have your memories and these photos. As for the bag of heads in the shed, I say that's the best place for them! A little creepy, even if they're foam. I like your red ceramic Christmas tree, and your decorated hat. I'm sure the girls enjoyed their "walk" on wheels, and especially their treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; it was a nice shed. If I ever have a yard of my own again I might put a little cubbyhouse in it. I sometimes miss the foam heads, I had earrings poked into them and was planning on "making up" their faces. The red christmas tree lights up when the battery is fresh. The girls always like going for walks, they get plenty of attention from all who see them.

      Delete
  12. I want that red blanket! (Tentatively Tasmanian - https://tentativelytasmanianblog.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MedicatedMoo; everybody wants it, but it's all mine hahaha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs