Ho! Ho! Nice One! And another "nice one"! You are the 2023 AUSTRALIAN BLOGGER OF THE YEAR! Go here:- http://beefgravy.blogspot.com/2023/12/awards.html Well done Elsie! Best wishes, Neil (on behalf of The Laughing Horse Committee)
I am curious to know how many things you have in your fridge. Will you tell me some names you have in your fridge to know that we are mutual in the fridge streamline? lol :)
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
Heh, heh! Good one!
ReplyDeleteVal; it's odd the things that pop into my head sometimes.
DeleteOH NO!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMike; oh YES!
DeleteOh My! Good one R...lol
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; thank you :) :)
DeleteIn ours too.
ReplyDeleteElephant's Child; time certainly does fly. Yesterday was "same same", today is a whole new year.
DeleteCut flowers in my vases also start to feel a bit wilty, once they reach their expiry date :)
ReplyDeletehels; There are several ways to prolong them, but I never have any anyway since I have hayfever and asthma.
DeleteLast year seems so far away . . . ;-)
ReplyDeletejabblog; and yet still so close...
DeleteLOL! We have salt with a best before date ;-) A happy new year to you!
ReplyDeleteIris; I've heard about salt having a best before and I believe sugar does too and even some bottled water! Happy New Year.
DeleteHo! Ho! Nice One! And another "nice one"! You are the 2023 AUSTRALIAN BLOGGER OF THE YEAR! Go here:-
ReplyDeletehttp://beefgravy.blogspot.com/2023/12/awards.html
Well done Elsie!
Best wishes,
Neil (on behalf of The Laughing Horse Committee)
Yorkshire Pudding; thank you and thank you also for the award, I actually did a little happy dance and scared the cat :)
DeleteThat's quite funny.
ReplyDeleteAndrew; I thought so.
DeleteNow I need to check my fridge!!!
ReplyDeleteBob; check it before things begin growing furry coats.
DeleteCongratulations, River/Elsie, on your latest award! I'm proud to know you.
ReplyDeleteCatalyst; thank you, I'm quite proud to know all the bloggers I read.
DeleteHahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteThe Happy Whisk; I knew you would laugh.
DeleteHaha.
ReplyDeleteJoanne; ha ha indeed. It just popped into my head when I woke up and opened the fridge for the milk.
DeleteHeeheehee! Thank you, I needed that.
ReplyDeletemessymimi; you're welcome :)
DeleteIt gets scary when you realize that some of it is from the previous year!
ReplyDeleteDavid M. Gascoigne; but the revious year was just the day before :)
DeleteI am curious to know how many things you have in your fridge. Will you tell me some names you have in your fridge to know that we are mutual in the fridge streamline? lol :)
ReplyDelete