Sunday Selections #408

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.


Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.

If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing, but possibly she will miss a week or two with a houseful of visitors.



this week (and the next two weeks), we're looking at my gnome/fairy gardens. More gnomes than fairies. This is on the small coffee table right inside my front door.

here is a closer look, the tiny gnome doesn't belong there, he's just visiting. this is a ready-made item, most of my things are as I'm not creative/crafty enough to do this sort of thing myself.

out in the closed-in back porch is a small almost village on the old table someone gave me. The table is covered with a piece of fake grass.

the miniature fairy, her flower-roofed house and the flowerpot sign were all in one small set, in a box at the local "Cheap as Chips" shop, the table and chairs were another set.

here's that flowerpot sign, it came on a spike and I stuck it into a mini pot I had lying around

the carrot gardener, his carrot patch and his carrot home were another set, he has a wheelbarrow too, that's just off camera to the left. The mini pot with mini toadstools is another pot I had lying around and the toadstools of course are the ones I bought at the Botanic Gardens shop several weeks ago.

here's the gardener planning his next patch

this is another of the fairy/gnome homes, a tree house. This is where I plan to glue the mini gnome from the first picture, it's just his size. There's a tiny balcony at the top of the steps, by the front door. 

another gnome house


an overview of the short side of the back porch, more next week 😃















Comments

  1. I could never put all this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; most of this stuff came in "Little Fairy" kits on sale at the local "Cheap as Chips" shop, all I had to do was lay them out. The little cobblestone paths and bridges are sold separately so you can buy as many as you want or need.

      Delete
  2. Gnomes to the right of you, gnomes to the left of you...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; they're everywhere! I'm overrun by gnomes!

      Delete
  3. Love gnomes villages. Especially the gardener and that tree house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely, River. I don't know how you keep them so dust-free, though. It would be impossible for me to do! Even more so since all the tree-lopping activity went on a couple ago, leaving around the one side of my cabin like a desert waste; and, also, since then we've had a couple of days of wild cyclonic-style winds - no rain - just powerful, relentless gales. Last Wednesday in particular, making it impossible to stop the dust, grit, leaves etc., from infiltrating the interior of my cabin! The interior, living area of this little abode is lined, but the back area isn't...and it was impossible, because of the heat, to keep all windows closed. I was battling a losing battle...so I gave up battling. I had not a chance of winning!

    On Wednesday last the whole mountain lost power. 12 hours here on this side of the plateau, and 24 hours on the northern side. A flying trampoline cut the power to the whole mountain! And on top of that the heat has been horrendous...sapping one's energy.

    I hope the coming week is a better one, particularly for those in the bush fire areas. Poor souls. And I hope you have a good week, too. Cuddles to lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; dust free? There's no such thing. The back porch is a breezy area although it's closed-in, but mostly with shadecloth so any dust probably gets blown off. The inside things get dusted about five minutes before I get the camera out.
      I'm sorry to hear you were without power for a while. We haven't had too much real heat down this way, we'll get it soon enough and then the airconditioner will be running full time.
      I read about your bushfires and worried about you, but they weren't in your area, then at the same time Sydney had floods from all their rain. If only the rain had fallen on the fires instead.

      Delete
  5. Lots happening in your little table village. That is the tree house I wanted to live in when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; it's a great tree house, I wouldn't have minded having one to sit in and read the days away.

      Delete
  6. They are presented beautifully. I'm sure you get much joy from arranging and looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret-whiteangel; thank you. Once they're in place I don't rearrange, but I do get a smile from looking at them when I'm hanging my washing on the clothes racks out there.

      Delete
  7. These are wonderful! I could get lost in the details. Of course I almost squealed with glee when I got to the fourth picture, and realized those were LADYBUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I meant to get a close shot of the ladybugs, they're a stick-on extra for most of the places, but they've been falling off due to the heat. Some of the gnome houses had them when I bought them, and a neighbour V gave me extras one day, she'd found a pack of 30 at a thrift shop. Now I need to stick the fallen ones back and take more photos

      Delete
  8. My goodness. Lots and lots of gnomes. Love the gardener, the tree house and ladybugs in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I have gone a bit overboard with the gnomes, but I like having interesting things to look at while I'm hanging the washing on the clothes racks (airing racks really). Many of the original gnomes used to be in the garden, you might remember and I moved them inside when the plants got so big I couldn't see the little guys, also I worried someone might steal them.

      Delete
  9. I love all things miniature, so I really enjoyed this post, River!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny_o; some of these things aren't exactly miniature, some of the gnome houses are about 12-15 inches tall and quite wide.

      Delete
  10. I'm a fellow gnome lover

    (Hope you'll keep my secret)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gnome gardens are absolutely adorable, and I'd say you're VERY creative. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs