Snap, one of the one year old great nephews who we saw today is walking, the other standing up at least. I told their parents as we will be looking after them for a few hours in a couple of weeks to not allow them to walk until after their visit to our place. Clearly my request was ignored and I'm now fitness training to be able to catch them.
But you don't have to worry, just sit back and and let others chase them.
Oh, THAT is competition. The "bad" side of having a sibling... Expectations are high... I hope they´ll always help each other... And are proud of each other!
That IS breaking news! Congrats to Ana, and looking forward to Gen's milestone. Like you said, it probably won't be long. I'm sure you will keep us posted.
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
Snap, one of the one year old great nephews who we saw today is walking, the other standing up at least. I told their parents as we will be looking after them for a few hours in a couple of weeks to not allow them to walk until after their visit to our place. Clearly my request was ignored and I'm now fitness training to be able to catch them.
ReplyDeleteBut you don't have to worry, just sit back and and let others chase them.
Get your skates on Andrew! Ha Ha. Wait until they realise they can now reach much more stuff that they shouldn't touch.
DeleteSo exciting - Genevieve will be desperate to catch up with her sister.
ReplyDeletejabblog; she will be and it won't take long.
DeleteWonderful news. I am smiling at Andrew's comment too.
ReplyDeleteElephant's Child; I am just bursting with happiness.
DeleteOh, THAT is competition. The "bad" side of having a sibling... Expectations are high...
ReplyDeleteI hope they´ll always help each other... And are proud of each other!
Iris; I think they will always be close and help each other. When they were in the same crib they would hold hands as they slept.
DeleteHow can they be that old already? How times flies.
ReplyDeleteKathy G; I know! A year and a bit already!
DeleteExciting!!
ReplyDeleteSteve Reed; it's very exciting for their daddy, these are his first children.
Deletepictures....we want pictures.
ReplyDeleteyellowdoggranny; I don't have any, I live too far away, and the parents weren't ready with their phones when she walked those few steps.
DeleteThat IS breaking news! Congrats to Ana, and looking forward to Gen's milestone. Like you said, it probably won't be long. I'm sure you will keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteVal; I was so surprised to get the message from my son, but he wasn't quick enough to capture it on video. Gen will be toddling around soon too.
DeleteHooray!
ReplyDeletemessymimi; I'm still smiling so widely my face hurts.
DeleteAwesome!! I can't want to see the videos of the twins roaming around.
ReplyDeleteMr Shife; I don't visit as often but I'll see what I can do.
DeleteSweet
ReplyDeleteJohn going Gently; thank you :)
DeleteFirst steps are always the most exciting.
ReplyDeleteGranny Annie; they sure are!
Delete