Words for Wednesday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month, March,  the words/prompts are supplied by ME and can be found right here.

i have decided to use fewer words this month in the hope that more people might be tempted to join us.

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. poised 2. reef 3. crashing 4. bridge 5. wrecked 6. turquoise 7. glitter

My own story will appear on this blog on Friday, as always.



Comments

  1. Elsie was poised on the back of "The Jolly Wombat", plucking up courage before she dived in to explore the edge of the reef. Waves were crashing to the right but Captain Tommy Ruff on the bridge had assured her that everything would be fine. Far below lay the wrecked remains of "The Pommy Bastard". In the turquoise waters of the lagoon it seemed to glitter and sparkle - as though residing in a fairytale undersea world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; this is excellent, thank you for joining us. I like the sound of the turquoise lagoon.

      Delete
    2. I like it. I think I'd enjoy exploring a reef.

      Delete
    3. I had to look up the name of that boat - LOL.

      Delete

  2. I heard the waves crashing on the reef as I stood poised at the wrecked bridge hoping the turquoise glitter I threw would fix everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; I hope the turquoise glitter is magic enough. Nicely done, thank you.

      Delete
    2. We can only hope. Nicely done.

      Delete
  3. I'll be back to read and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Margaret D; we have some good writers amongst us.

      Delete
  5. I'll hopefully can pop in Saturday/Sunday as we have to leave your wonderful country tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I published my WfW while it was still Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm about a week late but I really wanted to join in. So here's my tale, Fiction: Truth & Glitter. It's a bit longer than usual but I was trying to find some kind of end.

    The choice of words was hard. It took me a few days to figure out how to use reef. Thank you for the prompts.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs