Sunday Selections # 695

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

beginning with the Calendar page for June which I forgot to show at the beginning of the month

followed by the calendar page for July which I think is a prettier one

The jades (crassula) in my garden have begun flowering

here we have a couple of my garden "pets" Roscoe (dog) and Rosie (cat)

Roscoe's nose has been replaced since the original rusted away to nothing

while Rosie's face seems fine. Both have rusted away feet buried in the mulch there. I think Roscoe's tail is also gone now.

Genevieve having fun with a sticker book, they are puffy stickers whch can be placed and peeled off and replaced as often as needed or wanted

Anastasia joining the fun

stickers on their faces

and later on their hands too.

here we have the four most commonly used dried herbs in my kitchen, parsley, oregano, dill tips and  thyme. I'm not a fan of rosemary, and buy fresh basil if I need some for a pizza.

and dried garlic granules, I find them tastier than garlic powder, though I also like crushed fresh garlic. I mix this into my pizza dough.

some of the lesser used spices: mixed spice, powdered ginger, mustard powder, smoked paprika, nutmeg, curry powder and white pepper

and on the bottom shelf, sea salt and black pepper in grinders, celery salt blend, cayenne pepper, cajun spice blend.

garlic powder, onion powder, cloves, allspice and cinnamon. Some of the spices are old and have probably lost all flavour so I shall toss them and only buy new when I need them. 

here is the dinner I made that night, salt and pepper fronm the grinders on the oiled steak right before placing it in a hot pan for two (three?) minutes each side, the vegetable mixture is onion, carrot and cabbage all thinly sliced and stir fried in a little butter with celery salt blend, add a tiny bit of water, maybe a 1/4 cup, clamp on the lid and allow to steam until the water is gone, then serve.


Now a couple of wonderful murals I saw at Yorkshire Pudding's blog and asked if I could use them.

Taken in Glasgow, the tag in the bottom right corner reads "SMUG" and YP tells me it was painted by an Australian man named Sam Bates

Also taken in Glasgow, but no indication of who painted this one.

I won't be home to answer comments, the twins delayed birthday party is today 💖😀


Comments

jabblog said…
Puffy restickable stickers are the best.
Enjoy your birthday tea with the twins.
Bob said…
I love the calendar pictures!

Love Yorkshire's murals, too.
Val said…
Your steak looks delicious, and the plate pattern is a feast for the eyes. I used to love those sticker thingies! It's always a treat to see the twins having fun.
Those murals are great.
Lovely to see the twins having fun. Enjoy their party today. I suspect you will be a tired puppy by the time you get home.
Linda Sue said…
The babies are so adorable! a packet of post-its would not disappoint I reckon! They are fun to stick on everything!
Lee said…
This year is flying by at a rapid rate of knots. It's hard to believe July commences tomorrow!

I like ginger, and lately have been drinking a lot of ginger-blended teas...such as ginger and apple..ginger and lemon....also ginger,turmeric,cinnamon and nutmeg. I really enjoy them. And I love crystallised ginger, too.

Enjoy the week ahead, River...take care. My cuddles to lovely Lady Lola. :)
Iris Flavia said…
I love both calendar pages, oh, think you´d loved the soft-drinks we have here!!!
Roscoe is very cute.If tail-less, poor dude.
The kids are the cutest!
A Perth friend and Ingo mixed up "thyme" and "time" - it was too funny.
I joined lemon grass, yummy, too.
Garlic makes us run, though. One friend is allergic and we had neighbours who overdid it!
You made me hungry and that that plate... beautiful!!!
Great murals, too - wonder how they create these!

Happy Birthday to the twins!
Margaret D said…
Calendar photos are different.
The animals in your garden, you seem to have quite a few which is nice, makes for a more interesting garden.
Stickers everywhere with those little ones, if they are really sticky it causes a bit of a problem if they decided to put them in their hair.
The murals a really nice.
Katerinas Blog said…
I loved the pets you made in your garden,
your journal pages,
and the stickers on the twins' cheeks!
The murals from Glasgow are wonderful.
You know we use about the same spices!!
Have a nice Sunday🧡
River said…
jabblog; restickable is great, permastick not so much :)

bob;thank you.

Val; the steak was delicious, and the plate is one of six given to me by "no-one" many years ago and I have used them every day since.

EC; I was indeed a very tired puppy, but have had time to recover now. the party was a combined celebration with two other sisters who turned 6 and 4 just last week. Things got hectic now and then, the twins are VERY active. Those murals are great!

Linda Sue; Thank you, I think post-its can wait a few more years, the twins are only just two.

Lee; time certainly is flying by, the twins words skills are great though sentences are still a babble. I like ginger and lemon tea with honey.

Iris; I love my calendar. Thyme and time are easy to confuse depending on the conversation context.
I don't think Roscoe minds too much that his tail is gone.
I know several people who can't eat garlic.

Margaret D; I may get a Sugar Skulls calendar next year too. I have a couple of roosters in the garden though they need repainting.
The twins don't put stickers in their hair.

Katerinas Blog; the garden pets are store bought, I could never make something so clever. The murals are really good. I think my spice selection is a fairly common one.
Wisewebwoman said…
I've often wondered what it would be like to be a twin, to have a constant playmate and confident. I have observed many twins over the years and wonder at their incredible connection to each other.
Your two seem to get along famously.
I love these murals. So talented.
XO
WWW
messymimi said…
What a nice selection of selections!
River said…
WWW; I think a twin would be wonderful, a person who completely understands you because they are the same. The murals are really good.

messymimi; thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs