It's time again to join in with Toni from Chick-Chat and her "a...is for" meme
this week's letter is F
f.....is for Friendship.
When I was little I was very shy and didn't make friends easily, it takes me a while to get used to people even now.
I've always been surprised to find that people actually like me.
I mentioned this once when my eldest daughter told me that her friends and their mothers liked me.
She said why wouldn't they, you're a nice person.
Since I first started reading blogs and then writing my own, I've made many friendships both local and international. Some of these people I have met in real life, some I haven't and may never do so, but I'm pleased to count all of you as my friends.
In the interests of friendship and sharing, I now give to you my melt-in-the-mouth Chocolate Fudge recipe.
(I may have posted it before, but here it is again).
125g unsalted butter (not margarine)
2/3 cup evaporated milk (not low fat)
100g white marshmallows
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
185g dark chocolate broken up
1. Line a brownie pan with greased foil.
2. Put butter, sugar, milk, marshmallows in a heavy based pan.
3. Stir over low heat until marshmallows have melted.
4. Mixture will now begin to boil. (do not adjust the cooking temperature)
5. Continue stirring and let boil for eight minutes.
(time it, this is important, eight minutes, no more, no less)
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla essence and broken up chocolate.
7. Pour into prepared pan, get the level as even as you can, allow to cool and set.
8. Turn out, remove foil, cut into squares with knife dipped in hot water.
It's a bit fiddly and stirring for eight minutes straight takes time, (eight minutes to be exact!), but this fudge really does melt in the mouth.
So it's worth the effort.
If you wish to join in with the a....is for meme, please do so and link back to Toni in your post.
How Does He THINK The Magic Happens?
3 hours ago