Sunday Selections

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mists of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.

Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.

If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


I wasn't planning a Sunday Selections, but then my daughter and her best friend decided to take best friend's baby son to see the animatronic dinosaur display at the zoo. 
While waiting for best friend to meet her, daughter took these photos of the river:

tree reflections

a bat taking a nap (that black shape in the centre)

black swan

ripples from the breeze

spreading branches, I really like this shot

and with permission, best friend's baby son,

"in the mouth of a dinosaur"

these were all taken with daughter's phone and at first I thought they had sat him in the mouth of one of the exhibits, but now I see it is one of those painted boards with cutouts to put your face. 






Comments

  1. Hahahaha about that last photo and thinking they sat him in the mouth. I tell you, I would have thought the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Happy Whisk; I didn't get the full photo on my phone when she sent it, all I saw was the mouth with the baby in it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Grace; they are very lovely most of the time.

      Delete
  3. At first I thought you posted the first one upside down. That picture in the cut out had me fooled as well, I thought it was photo-shopped. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joeh; it does look upside down, with green above and below the water. The cut out is a great photo.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back.
    Love these shots. There is something about water, and trees.
    And the last photo is a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I don't know that I'll be here every week, I'm still doing too much with my hands. It seems to be unavoidable, everything needs hands. I love trees and water, just look at my header picture and I will get that last one framed to give him when he is older.

      Delete
  5. A lovely array of photos, River. That water looks enticing, indeed!

    It is nice to "see" you...I hope you've been handling the heat okay. Have a good week...stay as cool as you can...and cuddles to lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; the water does look lovely, too often it is a mass of algae bloom. I'm handling the heat well enough as long as I stay inside. Yesterday and today are much cooler, perfect weather in fact. Lola seems to be handling it well too.

      Delete
  6. Did you stay cool there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; I've been in my airconditioned living room for days, with just short forays into the heat to check the mailbox. It's much cooler today and yesterday, tomorrow the temperatures begin climbing again, but not too far.

      Delete
  7. In the first picture is a reflection toward the left edge of the big tree that could be the reflection of one of my garden arts, my water lily. What is this one, please"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; without going there to see for myself, I don't know what that is. I wasn't with daughter and her friend, I stayed home. The area is a section of our river Torrens near the zoo.

      Delete
  8. It looks like they had a wonderful outing, and she takes lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; she does have a good eye for what will photograph well, and a steady hand too.

      Delete
  9. No giant bats hanging from the trees midday here, thanks! I also thought they'd put baby boy in the mouth of an animatronic dino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; these ae quite small bats, daughter must have zoomed in. I think the baby would have loved being in an actual animatronic mouth, he seems an adventurous baby.

      Delete
  10. Calm and peaceful photos. The baby in the dinosaur's mouth is very cool. I am pleased it is not an animatronic dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; calm and peaceful is what water and trees are all about. I love the baby in the dinosaur's mouth.

      Delete
  11. All are lovely, always like reflections, it's ever so still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret-whiteangel; reflections are so restful to look at in still water.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs