This article in yesterday's paper caught my eye. Looks like mould to me. But. Forget the sensational headline for a minute and focus on the can. Notice how it's a little blackened around the bottom rim? I'm not sure it shows, but it looks like the can has been standing in wet conditions, the wrapper looks a little wrinkled too at top and bottom. Was it like this when it was bought? If yes, why buy it? If no, then how was it stored in the home environment? Use by date. Usually irrelevant, unless the can has been opened. We all know that once a can is opened the contents need to be used immediately, especially baby foods. She mentions somewhere in the story that the contents appeared "a bit runny". This happens when food is given to the baby directly from the can, (or jar) with saliva from the baby's mouth being transferred to the contents, which then begins to break down the molecular structure of the canned food. This isn't immedia...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
grape soup!
ReplyDeleteLinda Sue; of course! That would be wine :)
DeleteSmiling here.
ReplyDeleteElephant's Child; I hoped you'd smile.
Deletelolololol
ReplyDeleteThe Happy Whisk; it is funny :)
DeleteHeeheehee! Is beer hops, malt and barley soup? And cider is apple soup? It sounds like this could go on a while.
ReplyDeletemessymimi; I was thinking just barley soup for beer, I forgot about the hops, apple soup is good for cider too.
Deletelol..
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; a small dose of fun to make people smile :)
DeleteThat's fun!
ReplyDeletejabblog; it is fun and makes me smile.
DeleteGood one!
ReplyDeleteIris; I thought so too.
DeleteIndeed! I have fun texting my grandies!
ReplyDeleteJenn Jilks; I text my kids, the grandies are too busy.
DeleteI linked them:
ReplyDeleteSometimes in the morning I drink tea before coffee, beans for lunch and soup with leaves in the evening!
Katernas Blog; thank you :)
DeleteHa!
ReplyDeleteSteve Reed; I thought you'd like these.
DeleteHuge smile :D
ReplyDeleteCharlotte; I smiled huge too.
DeleteI don't dare pass this concept on to Hick. He drinks tea, but knowing his shunning of all liquid in SOUP, such knowledge could turn him off of tea.
ReplyDeleteVal; but maybe The Pony or Genius would find it funny.
Delete