Sunday Selections # 704

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Again, no photos of the twins this week, sorry.


a new mural on a street rubbish bin

part of the annual SALA program, SALA=South Australian Living Artists


Spring has sprung and since taking this photo, most blossoms have fallen and been replaced by bright new leaves in greens or burgundies depending on tree type.

looks like someone is getting a nice new lawn

A patch of cheerful orange in the middle of the weeds, this part of the footpath used to have ground cover roses, until the house got sold and new people moved in and ripped them all out.

pretty purple in a garden tended by an elderly neighbour who now uses a walker instead of a cane, I think he is 80+

a beautiful double camellia leaning over a fence

and this very pretty creeper/climber is the dreaded Jasminus Polyanthus, every one of those pink spears will open to a white blossom which releases a very heady scent at dusk and again just before dawn. This particular vine is down the street and around the corner and covers an area of fence about six feet high and twenty or more feet long. It's HUGE and I cannot walk around the block until the pollens are finished, about three weeks from now.

Blossoms on "no-one's" dwarf apple tree, it's a multi-graft with red delicious and granny smith apples.

Early morning sunbeams streaming into her yard.

The Caribbean lilies are flowering,

Five of the ten bulbs are blossoming

Next year I will have to lift and divide as they have outgrown the pots.


Here is Riley pretending to be Captain Feathersword from "The Wiggles"

One of the two matching beautifully coloured windows in a bathroom of a house for sale.

A cartoon from our local paper "The Advertiser"

Finishing again with this month's calendar page.







Comments

  1. The Caribbean lilies are gorgeous and that flash of orange is beautiful. I hope 'no-one's' blossoms set and she has some lovely fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; I'm not sure the Caribbean Lilies are worth the trouble, the blooming time is so short, but I'll keep them anyway and give away a few when I divide the bulbs next year. We are both hoping for fruit on "no-one's" trees, she has pear and cherry also in blossom now.

      Delete
  2. Those are beautiful windows, especially for a bathroom! Makes me think the rest of the house might have some fancy stuff, too. I'm sure you're glad to see signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; they are gorgeous windows, the rest of the house is equally colourful, it's an older style and huge and a bit cluttered, but I love it and would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the $$$. I'm glad to see spring and feel warmer days although this current week is cold again with showers almost daily.

      Delete
  3. I have drawn a conclusion about your mental state from your Sunday selections - namely, you like flowers! Don't worry - this can be addressed through therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; want to know what I think about therapy? Imagine that sound when people blow raspberries. It has its place of course, for many people, but not for me. I'll just continue to enjoy flowers.

      Delete
  4. Love those blooms. Your spring is further advanced than ours - but ours has definitely arrived as well.
    That cartoon is on the money too.
    What a posh bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I think we have a slightly higher elevation here and it's drier too, but you get to enjoy our spring through my flowers. You have more wattle then we do.
      It is a posh bathroom, in a very old sandstone house with many other very colourful rooms and I wish it was mine. It's very, very close to the ocean. I loved the cartoon.

      Delete
  5. Spring certainly has sprung. That tall tree covered with pink blossoms looked spectacular.
    We have no trees that blossom in our Melbourne garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hels; that pink tree is one of two in a front yard I pass daily on my way to the shops. I forgot to take photos of my own trees in blossom. It's a shame you don't have blossom trees, but on the bright side you don't walk outside and get your shoe soles covered in fallen blossom petals.

      Delete
  6. I love the art on the rubbish bin.
    The apple in the pot is interesting to see. Will it have apples?
    Jasmine initially smells quite nice, but it quickly becomes overpowering.
    The cartoon is clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; it's a nice bright piece of art. The apple tree will have apples, last year it had only a few of each variety and the birds got to them. I can't breathe even a hint of the Jasmine without getting a severe headache.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Joanne; I love the look of spring, but the pollens kill me.

      Delete
  8. Cool looking pink tree. It looks like my magnolia in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; it's just an ornamental garden tree. I love magnolias.

      Delete
  9. The flowers are always good to see R. The Jasmine does put on a big show we have now pulled ours out as it got too old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; Jasmine is beautiful to see in full flower, I just can't breathe near it.

      Delete
  10. Interesting mural. Is that a horse in there?
    Wow, your Spring is quite early? How can you rip out such beautiful flowers?!
    Interesting flowers for sure - so fitting to today´s Einstein-quote!
    So much beauty, thank you. Here all still green, ripe pears hanging in neighbor´s garden and they don´t care...
    Are "The Wiggles" typical Australian? Ack, I didn´t even know Paw Patrol - little Niece thought I am just dumb, LOL.
    Wow on that window!
    Gack, yes, the cost of living. I have so much to pay now for gas etc. But I somehow don´t want to rise the rent for my renters. Especially the one is a nice old lady and I doubt her pension is getting higher.
    Sad it´s the same everywhere. And our politicians fly everywhere by plane and give themselves more money.
    I really love your calendar, have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; Spring has been here for a few weeks already. I probably won't rip out the flowers, but next year when they die down I will have to dig up the bulbs and divide them, there are too many in the pots and they multiply each year.
      Yes, Wiggles are typical Australian, originally there were just four men, but things have changed now.
      That window is gorgeous isn't it? The cost of living really is getting so bad now and governments say they are trying to help but they don't do the really necessary things like stopping the companies from charging so much.

      Delete
    2. Yesterday was superhot again (yippee), but now only 18C, grey. I am sooo tired from the change.
      I am so glad we bought this condo when prices were still reasonable...

      Delete
  11. I wonder if the house for sale used to be a church? Apparently turning old churches into residential units (condos or apartments) is a popular option for re-using the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; I don't think so, nothing else about the house suggests church, it's simply a very old house with a modern bathroom. I could be wrong but don't know how to find out.

      Delete
  12. The Caribbean lilies look like growing fireworks - in my book they are worth it.
    Sad about the jasmine, so pretty, but if they're generally known to cause breathing problems, I'd rip them out and stomp on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; the lilies are a bit like fireworks. Adelaid is full of Jasmine, there aren't many suburbs that don't have any.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs