Sunday Selections # 707

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Beginning with three postcards, two old and one more recent:


My mum sent this one from Germany on her last trip to Europe, on the back she wrote this is the cathedral I was christened in. I don't remember that day myself, so I'll take her word for it.


This newest one from Coober Pedy is from my brother R, from his most recent trip around the countryside. Coober Pedy is an Opal mining town similar to Andamooka, and probably better known.

this third, much older postcard, showing an aerial view of Port Pirie, where I grew up, is from my sister J. The tall grey stacks in the upper right quarter are the silos. Much of the empty space there is now gone, filled with buildings of some kind. 

Moving on:

Here's a pretty cloud

The native frangipani tree, towering over the two storey flats beside it.


and a closeup of its flowers


pretty pink geraniums

and a climbing yellow rose, there's a name for this particular type which also comes in white and a buff shade, but I can't remember it. The blooms are small and ruffly, and I had one in my previous home.

Wisteria is everywhere, most of the blooms are gone now though and the bright green leaves have taken over

bright red berries


and a hanging something in a pretty pot


a tiny kalanchoe

and a small Black Prince aeonium just getting started. Mine all died and have been pulled out.

This looks like a banana palm to me and I hope it does well and produces bananas for the owner

The base looks like banana palms I've seen in the past

This beautiful pelargonium is doing much better than mine ever did, it's full and bushy, covered in blooms, while mine were always leggy trying to get enough sun. 

A statue I don't remember seeing before, though possibly I have just forgotten it.

Sunny yellow tulips, the owner of this little garden has three pots of these along with>

tall irises in purple

and shorter irises in yellow

This wide spreading tree is "our" magnolia which I never manage to capture in full bloom. The flowers are white.

This is the base trunk of one of my jades (crassula) showing how thick they can become over time, I have seen others, older than mine and much thicker.

Finishing with my two chickens, once bright and shiny, now badly in need of paint. 

and a couple of bonus pictures with one twin

running with the ball

and the other one collecting pegs.

















Comments

  1. Lots of color for you right now. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purdy flowers them there are. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection! It's interesting to see places as they were and realise how much they've changed. So nice to see spring coming to you as autumn comes to us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

Words for Wednesday