Sunday Selections #706

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


Giant ghost dragon for sale in the big green hardware store. Did I buy one? No. Not at $399!

I bought marigold seedlings to brighten up a few empty pots


mixed colours and somewhere in this pot is a garlic clove sending up a tiny shoot


two in this smaller pot which also has a pelargonium cutting


and one all alone, but surrounded by seeds of zinnia. I was hoping to buy zinnia seedlings but they never seem to be available no matter what month I look for them. We'll see how long all these last before the snails and slugs find them. 

the flowers on the jades have all died but still look quite nice in their rusty brown


most of the caribbean lily flowers have died leaving behind their artistic stalks

just a few left in this other pot. I do wish they would last longer.

up around a couple of corners the wisteria is now blooming

and in "no-one's" yard, her apple blossoms have turned into baby apples

home-grown deliciousness

taken from a distance to show how tall that yellowish tree is, those are the flowers and I know it as Australia's native frangipani

I have NEVER seen one flower as profusely as this one. the flowers open white and darken through shades of yellow before browning and dropping off. If I ever have a yard of my own again I will plant one of these.

here's me playing with the girls

who are about to begin a whole new experience.










Comments

  1. The frangipani is gorgeous.
    Toilet training twins must take the patience of a saint.😇

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's expensive, even for a giant ghost dragon! Cute baby apples. Looks like you had great weather for playing outside with the girls. I can't decide if it would be easier or harder to have a "potty buddy" while learning. They won't be going through it alone. Or they might be competitive. Or one might want to keep playing when the other gets the urge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs