RIP Jon English

this has been a sorry start to 2016, with yet another of our favourite stars dying far too soon.
RIP Jon English   March 26 1949-March 9-2016

Get Your Love Right  (my personal favourite)

Six Ribbons

Hollywood Seven

Words Are Not Enough

Always The Busker

Lovin' Arms


Hot Town

Turn the Page from the closing credits of the 1974 'Homicide' telemovie "Stopover"

All Together Now from the TV series of the same name which played from 1991 to 1993
Maybe they'll show it again now? I loved it and didn't miss a single episode.

Behind Blue Eyes - Live at Elaine's Melbourne Victoria 1980 with his band Baxter Funt

Comments

  1. Some beautiful stuff here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I wasn't familiar with him or his work. Judging by how many songs you posted, you must have really been a big fan. After listening to several of them, I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. He really was a supremely talented man. And decorative with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tribute to an artist you obviously loved and respected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fishducky; all of them favourites of mine :)

    Susan; he was a British-born Australian, so probably didn't get a lot of air time in America; he was an actor and a producer too.
    These are just a few of his many songs. I've been a fan since I first saw a picture in a magazine way back in the late sixties.

    Elephant's Child; very decorative :D and talented at everything he tried.

    Lee; Thank you. I wanted to put up so many more songs and photos too, but I think this will be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. wonderful tribute River.
    He will be missed.
    ...thanks for these clips...
    Hugs... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara; I was a huge fan, there's a hole where my heart used to be :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. A tragic loss for all.
    I just love that song Six Ribbons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs