Sunday Selections #568

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to Elephant's Child and have a look.

you all remember my little Swedish Ivy which also goes by other names?

look at it now! it is in a bigger pot and growing like a weed

I have taken a couple of pieces and started them in another pot and wish I had more branches capable of carrying weight so I could have more hanging pots.

my aeoniums are doing well

this one behind the birdbath garden is the size of a dinner plate

this is one of the birdbath gardens, the other one at the other end of the garden has the same plants.

Blue chalk sticks and donkey tails.

I have a new baby monstera

so the green patch with philodendrons in front and monsteras behind is looking quite lush

I'm sure you agree

the hoya is still making lots of growth up into the tree and hanging below the basket, but no sign of flowers, possibly it gets a bit too much water and will flower in the autumn when I cut back on the hosing.

my hydrangeas are looking better, the leaves were quite droopy for a while until I remembered they are a soft plant and need more water than the succulents.

two of my jades are looking quite bare at the front with many of the branches curving over towards the back. I'm not sure why, maybe the very front edge of the garden needs more water to support those thick stems. I'll find out soon enough if they recover with the extra summer water.



Comments

  1. Loving your garden. Which appears to be thriving. One of our hoyas is flowering prolifically (yay) but the other shows no signs of buds. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; my hoya is now flowering, but only has one cluster of blooms.

      Delete
  2. So nice seeing a lively garden while our temps are in the teens. It gives us hope for a greener day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; thank you and on really hot days we can see the cooling effect of snow on your side of the planet.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what I know Swedish Ivy as. It is common enough. Yes, hydrangeas need lots of water, especially if they receive direct sun. I can see why the cactus is called blue chalk sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I remember looking it up once and it has several names. My hydrangeas don't receive direct sun, I know they prefer shade so they are at the back of the trees behind other plants, but still get too hot. I was hoping the hedge of Jades would grow tall enough to shade everything else. I had the blue chalk sticks in the garden at first, hoping they would spread through and make a carpet of colour, but they got eaten quite badly, so I lifted them into the birdbaths.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely garden you are cultivating, this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of a donkey tail.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; it may be called something else where you live.

      Delete
  6. Everything is looking very healthy. You're doing a great job! The mob at the Botanical Gardens will be after you soon, River! :)

    I hope the week ahead brings you much joy...and relaxation. Take care. Cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I don't think the Botanical Gardens mob will be showing up any time soon. I am happy with the garden though. Lola is getting her cuddles at night now, she spends the days under the bed even now that she is having her headaches. It must be her "feel safe" place.

      Delete
  7. I like the dinner-plate size aeonium. Maybe because "dinner" was mentioned in its description!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I'm a fan of dinner myself. Breakfast and lunch too.

      Delete
  8. Awwww, such beauties! Can´t wait for Spring, maybe (!) I try to plant something again, too (last summer was so crap nothing grew on our balcony).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; try growing something that doesn't need much care and can cope with a range of temperatures. Ask at your local plant nursery.

      Delete
  9. You have a good hand with plants, your garden is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunday Selections sounds like a fun blog challenge . . . oh, wait, what's that? "Nothing rude or vulgar though" . . . well, that counts me out, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs