The sound on my PC is failing so I couldn't hear the clip. Those white suits are blinding though. My guess is they didn't have responsibility for keeping them clean.
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
The sound on my PC is failing so I couldn't hear the clip. Those white suits are blinding though. My guess is they didn't have responsibility for keeping them clean.
ReplyDeleteElephant's Child; not the sort of thing you'd want to hear anyway. The white suits probably got drycleaned.
DeleteOh my word! I have never heard of The Rubettes. What a find!
ReplyDeleteLinda Sue; this is from the 70s so they're probably not still around.
DeleteNever heard of The Rubettes, but I really enjoyed their music and their voices. where did they go?
ReplyDeleteSusan Kane; where indeed? I'll check you tube later and see if they did any other songs.
DeleteI'd never heard of them but they have been around for a long time and still are. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rubettes
ReplyDeleteMike; they are still around? I'll see what else they have on you tube.
DeleteThat woke me up. Ah, the good old days, when men were real men.
ReplyDeleteAndrew; real men who weren't afraid to wear tight white pants and do a bit of synchronised dancing.
DeleteJust remember that song, the clip is nice to watch, well it was for me. Thanks R.
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; I hear it quite often as it is on my playlist.
DeleteIt's even more fun with the sound off. The choreography amused me.
ReplyDeletejabblog; that's what amused me too.
DeleteYES! I remember that one - The Rubettes were almost a one-hit wonder, but they carried on for a long, long time.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte; I have just discovered The Rubettes are still around.
DeleteI would imagine they had fun with it and enjoyed their 15 minutes.
ReplyDeletemessymimi; they look like they are having fun.
Delete