the step by step to adding a Youtube video

 here's how I do it in Blogger. 

if your system is different, wordpress for example, I have no idea how that works:

go to your new post page, select new post and type your title

then begin typing your content, then click the cursor under the words to select the place where your video will appear

hold your cursor over these three little dots and click on them

to get this drop down menu where you click on "insert video"

to get another window where you can select 

Youtube of course

the Youtube window opens and in the search bar type the name and artist of the song you want then click on the search icon


from the selections (there will be more than just a couple, scroll through them)

double-click on the one you want

and it will appear in your post like this, blue

click anywhere in the white section of your post and the blue will disappear

if you want to add the lyrics

repeat the process

but this time add the word lyrics to the title in the search bar, then of course click on the search icon again

double-click your choice and it again appears blue, click anywhere in the white section to remove the blue

down in the right hand corner of your screen are your publishing/schedule options, click on "published on"

a menu drops down, place your cursor over the time, click on it and 

get this little drop down where you can scroll slowly and click on the time you want your post to publish

then scroll down the page to see the calendar where you can select the date to publish, click on that, then at the top of the page again, click on the orange "publish" block

your post appears in the list like this

if you think you have made a mistake, you can click on this arrow shaped thingy to revert the post to a draft


and then it appears like this. Click on draft to open it and there will be a pencil icon somewhere up on the right hand side, click on that to edit your post. Then click again on the orange publish block and it will go back into the list scheduled for the time and date you chose.

**these videos won't play because they are photos of the process, to hear the songs, come back at 1PM where I have scheduled them.

I hope I have made this clear enough to understand

Comments

  1. That is the way I do it - on the rare occasions I do do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; it's much simpler than all that HTML stuff that I don't have a clue about.

      Delete
  2. Very clear. I have done it before and you are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hadn't realized that Blogger had an option for videos.

    When I post a video I do it by starting in YouTube, where I use the embedding link to copy the video code, then paste it into my post. (You have to be on the HTML page).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy G; I go to you tube first to make sure they have what I'm looking for, then I do the whole selection process through blogger because I don't have a clue about HTML.

      Delete
  4. It took me years, and I mean years, to work through your instructions! Your help would have worked me through the steps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane; perhaps I should have posted this years ago :)

      Delete
  5. That's a good guide. If it was at all in reference my failed embedding of a YouTube clip, I did everything as you say but I could not find the clip using the search system. As advised now, you have to switch your post to html to embed a video as I failed to successfully do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I often go to youtube first, usually the day before, and find what I'm looking for then make a note of the title at the top of the video clip, then I use that when selecting through the blogger process. HTML is a mystery to me. I would never get any videos posted if I had to go through all that.

      Delete
    2. I had the precise title in the search box and it did not come up. HTML is a mystery to me too but I believe it is just one click to be able to embed a YT clip.

      Delete
  6. It looks similar to adding a photo, just a few more steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; yes and those few extra steps take hardly no time at all once you get used to the process.

      Delete
  7. Blogging is amazing. How we can be bigger community.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, boy. I think I´ll stick to good ole HTML, this is even MORE complicated!
    Oh, help me... why did blogger change to this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Iris. It wasn't broken and now it so much harder.

      Delete
  9. Oh, thanks---cutting and pasting the html no longer works for me. I'll try it this way next time. Appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs