Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by David M. Gascoigne and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. blurry 

2. fig 

3. leading 

4. oversexed 

5. intolerable 

6. glacial 

and/or: 

1. romantic 

2. dogmatic 

3. nebulous 

4. gum 

5. fodder 

6. deprecate 

Here is my story: 

Ella's eyes were glacial as she fixed them upon Tony's face. Any colder and they would have shot icicle daggers at him. "This is the last straw," she told him. "Your behaviour has become intolerable, by your actions you deprecate the entire acting industry. You have used your 'leading man' status too often, plying the new students with romantic words and gestures, fooling them into thinking they can reach great heights in the industry if only they will sleep with you."

Tony opened his mouth as if to reply, but Ella cut him off, "I don't give a fig for any excuses you might make, you are nothing but an oversexed has-been and your contract is terminated as of today. Three young girls and one of the boys have all been in my office this week, with horror stories of being caught in dark corners, wheedled into doing favours for you. Your dreams of achieving stardom were always nebulous at best, now there is not the ghost of a chance for you. 

Tony's eyes were suddenly blurry with tears as he begged Ella to reconsider.  'Honey, you can't do this to me! I'll change. I promise I will change. You can't just throw me aside like a piece of used gum. Think of all the years we've been together. Please, let me try again. I don't need to be a leading man even, I will try any other part." He sniffled as the tears fell, but Ella was dogmatic. "No Tony, the kids have had enough and so have I. Clear out your dressing room and then go home and clear out your things from there too. I'll have the divorce papers drawn up tomorrow."


Comments

  1. Wow, she got him in all his comfort places. There is always that time when someone goes just too far and must pay the piper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; it's what happens when you believe you'll never get caught, but someone is always watching.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for Ella. I suspect it is about time, but definitely better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; definitely time, he got away with it far too long.

      Delete
  3. Must be young couple
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; not a young couple at all. Older couple and he has been playing around with others too long and got caught out.

      Delete
  4. Sooner or later, every worm turns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I think I'm glad she turned, he got away with too much for too long.

      Delete
  5. Sadly sounds somewhat familiar to me.
    It was a good feeling to have my belongings in the car, go back, lock his door and throw the keys in his mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; I'm sorry you had to go through something like that, but good that you got out.

      Delete
  6. Good riddance to used gum! She put an end to that sticky situation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know the fig contains the remains of a dead wasp?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor SE Moubarak; yes I did and I eat them anyway.

      Delete
  8. He won't change so I'm pleased Ella did what she did...nice River.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; I'm pleased Ella took a stand, she did it for the young kids in the acting school as well as herself.

      Delete
  9. Good for Ella. She knows a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie; she knows when things are going bad it's best to clear them out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs