Sunday Selections #100



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.


I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections but this week I have just a few photos. 

Death of a Rose

I had five roses in bottles along the shelf, this one hung on the longest.

The colour is so different, so much warmer, when photographed from the kitchen side.

The end.
All five bottles now stand empty in the corner behind the front door.
Waiting for a fresh crop of blooms.




Comments

  1. Brilliant series. They don't last long in the heat do they? My mother always said that an aspirin in the water kept them going longer, but I am not sure.
    Kim said that she would try and join us for this momentous Sunday Selections. I hope she can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic Christmas River - I hope it goes well.

    Hopefully you will find some more roses soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP beautiful flowers!! If you crush the end of the stems of roses they seem to keep a little longer but they definitely don't like the heat. For some reason they seem to last longer on the bush than when they are cut. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elephant's Child; Kim joined us today!! Yay! I usually put a little sugar in the water, that helps too, these were there for about ten days last September.
    Merry Christmas.

    A Farmer's Wife; it's going to be a very quiet Christmas, it will be the first one without the "other" grandma. Nonna passed away last July and she was very much loved and will be missed very much.
    Merry Christmas.

    Mimsie; I've heard about crushing the stems but never tried it, I usually dissolve a little sugar in the water and then top up the water level every couple of days. They last longer than a week, sometimes closer to two, these are from last September. I haven't bothered to cut any more since my hayfever got so bad, I'll wait until the coughing settles down properly.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible how a dying rose can still produce the perfection that is a rose petal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red Nomad OZ; and the scent lingers too. I've had a bowl of rose petals in my bathroom and the scent stayed for over a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my only attempt at roses at this house the deer came through and ate them. Their winter was so bad they ate the roots, too. Lovely pictures; delicate color. Have a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne Noragon; your deer have good taste, but they might have left you at least one. Could you grow one in a pot in the porch?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs