Musical Monday # 21



Musical Monday 

I was introduced to Musical Monday by Delores who copied the meme from another site.

I think it’s a fun way to show off some of the music we like and brighten up our Mondays at the same time. 

I’ll be finding my clips on you tube, so will simply credit that site since there are often so many versions of everything and I wouldn’t want to accidentally credit the wrong artist.

 Today’s clip is: Johnny Chester



Shame and Scandal in the Family

and I can't find the lyrics.....not the version sung by Johnny Chester anyway.

So I've typed them out, in case you'd like to sing along.

"Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family.
Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family.

In Trinidad there was a family, with much confusion as you will see.
There was a mama and a papa and a boy who was grown,
Who wanted to marry and have wife of his own.

He found a young girl who suited him nice,
He went to his papa to ask his advice.
But papa said son, I have to say no,
That girl is your sister but your mummy don't know.

Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family,
Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family.

Well a week went by and the boy travelled round
And soon the best cook in the island he found.
He went to his papa to name the day, 
But papa just smiled and to his son he did say,
You can't marry that girl, I have to say no,
That girl is your sister but your mummy don't know.

Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family,
woe is me, shame and scandal in the family.

Well he went to his mama and covered his head,
He told his mama what his daddy had said.
But mummy just laughed and said Go Man Go,
Your daddy ain't your daddy but your daddy don't know!

Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family,
Woe is me shame and scandal in the family.
I said woe is me, shame and scandal in the family,
Woe is me, shame and scandal in the family!


another of my favourite songs, it's a lighthearted bit of fun and I laugh every time I hear it.

Comments

  1. I had never heard it before--I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very young when it was released and it seemed quite naughty. Little did I know what would be revealed about my family in later years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one is all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wise child that knows his own father.
    Big smiles - and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a catchy little tune and the words remind me of a joke I heard years ago. Great fun and I too hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fishducky; never heard it? It was very big on Australian radio when it came out. We loved it.

    Andrew; it did seem quite naughty then, I remember. In later years I learned things about my own family. Shame and scandal everywhere it seems.

    Delores; It's such an old song and was so popular here. I sometimes forget that people overseas don't get the same song we do. Did you like it?

    Elephant's Child; and an unhappy child who doesn't know his own father. Unless of course he doesn't know that "his daddy ain't his daddy"

    Mimsie; it's a great little tune that I've loved since I first heard it. My kids love these songs too.
    I am feeling a lot better thank you, I was up for several hours yesterday, although not all at once, but I managed a shower. Today will be better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P7-ChuWbU4

    There you go, River...just for you.
    Just click on copy and then paste. :)

    I've not heard Johnny Chester for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee; thanks, copy/pasting now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs